Home

Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

This is a discussion on Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 04:42 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

So I'm thinking of switching Auburn and Missouri in the SEC, as it's a hypothetical that gets thrown around near annually. Wanted some opinions:

First off- would y'all keep Auburn-Bama as a cross divisional or would you just go to 9 conference games?

Secondly, if I keep cross divisional rivalries, then Auburn-Bama is my number one. But everything else is more confusing...

Arkansas and A&M obviously don't have any natural rivals, so they can have whatever leftovers. Arkansas is 13-10 against South Carolina, so that can work.

What's tricky is:
LSU-UF is a solid rivalry: 28-32-3

Tennessee is 20-10 against LSU
Tennessee is 28-16 against MSU
Tennessee is 44-20-1 against Mississippi

Vandy is 35-51-2 against Mississippi
7-13-2 against State
7-22-1 against LSU
So there's only one that makes sense

Florida is 33-19-2 against State
11-12 against Mississippi

Kentucky is 16-40-1 against LSU
20-24 against MSU
14-28-1 against Mississippi

Any ideas? I don't mean to hijack the thread but it seems like you might have some ideas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #82
Rookie

Quillen32's Arena

OVR: 3

So, is anything messed up if I change the power 5’s automatic BCS bowl berth from their former ones to the “any” option? I’m getting back into the game after a year or so away, and I’m curious if this will give me wide open games in the BCS bowls or not.

I know about the editor but I don’t currently have a laptop to use it, and I really just want to know if it’ll give me matchups similar to the playoff games.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillen32
So, is anything messed up if I change the power 5’s automatic BCS bowl berth from their former ones to the “any” option? I’m getting back into the game after a year or so away, and I’m curious if this will give me wide open games in the BCS bowls or not.

I know about the editor but I don’t currently have a laptop to use it, and I really just want to know if it’ll give me matchups similar to the playoff games.
What I've seen is that the bowls turn into 3v4, 5v6, 7v8. So there's parity, but it's not exactly a playoff. Definitive in its own way, I guess
Old 12-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #84
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quillen32

I don't think it will mess anything up but idk that it would have the desired effect that you are looking for. 1 and 2 will play in the bcs, but from there your rose bowl could be #3 vs #9 or something
Old 12-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #85
Rookie

Quillen32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I don't think it will mess anything up but idk that it would have the desired effect that you are looking for. 1 and 2 will play in the bcs, but from there your rose bowl could be #3 vs #9 or something
Oh okay. That’s fine though. I just want random matchups and to feel like the best teams made the BCS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #86
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Conference USA fixed again.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #87
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

More Conference USA tweaks concerning Southern Miss and UAB.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #88
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
So I'm thinking of switching Auburn and Missouri in the SEC, as it's a hypothetical that gets thrown around near annually. Wanted some opinions:

First off- would y'all keep Auburn-Bama as a cross divisional or would you just go to 9 conference games?

Secondly, if I keep cross divisional rivalries, then Auburn-Bama is my number one. But everything else is more confusing...

Arkansas and A&M obviously don't have any natural rivals, so they can have whatever leftovers. Arkansas is 13-10 against South Carolina, so that can work.

What's tricky is:
LSU-UF is a solid rivalry: 28-32-3

Tennessee is 20-10 against LSU
Tennessee is 28-16 against MSU
Tennessee is 44-20-1 against Mississippi

Vandy is 35-51-2 against Mississippi
7-13-2 against State
7-22-1 against LSU
So there's only one that makes sense

Florida is 33-19-2 against State
11-12 against Mississippi

Kentucky is 16-40-1 against LSU
20-24 against MSU
14-28-1 against Mississippi

Any ideas? I don't mean to hijack the thread but it seems like you might have some ideas
I would trade Missouri and Vanderbilt for Alabama and Auburn. Tennessee considers Alabama a bigger rival than they do Vanderbilt and they would raise hell in losing that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »