Home

Conference of champions?

This is a discussion on Conference of champions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Conference of champions?

Ive come up with the idea of doing a conference of champions every season. I will move the C-usa teams to the Sun Belt and disperse the Sun belt throughout other conferences. On top of this i will move around a few teams here and there in order so every other conference has a championship game. C-usa will hold the 9 conference champions plus the winner of the conference of champions from the year before. I will put either 13 or 15 teams in each conference with one "flex" school that can switch between divisions based on who the previous champion was so that every season the conference will have 12 or 14 teams playing. (ex. Big Ten East: Ohio St, Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan, Penn St, Michigan St, Notre Dame. Big Ten West: Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska. Flex:Indiana. Since Wisconsin won the Big Ten Indiana will go to the west for the season.) Does anyone see any flaws with this idea? Or in general what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Re: Conference of champions?

Who is going to be in the Sun Belt then if you move their teams elsewhere because you can't get rid of a conference.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

i like the idea, kinda like a champions league of college football. hopefully you can work it out with conference realignment
Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Who is going to be in the Sun Belt then if you move their teams elsewhere because you can't get rid of a conference.
My conferences will be this:
Big Ten: East(Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn St, Notre Dame) West(Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota) Flex(Indiana)
SEC: East(Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Vandy, Tennessee, Kentucky) West(Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Miss St, Ole Miss) Flex(Auburn)
Big 12: North(Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, West Virginia, Missouri, Wyoming) South(Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma, Ok St, New Mexico) Flex(Baylor)
Pac-12: North(Oregon, Washington, Washington St, Oregon St, Stanford, Cal) South(UCLA, USC, Arizona, Arizona St, Utah, Colorado) Flex(BYU)
ACC: North(Boston College, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Louisville, Western Kentucky) South(Miami(FL), Clemson, Duke, Florida St, UNC, NC St, Ga Tech) Flex(Wake)
MWC: Mountain(UL-Monroe, Colorado St, Arkansas St, Utah St, UL-Lafeyette, Texas St) West(Fresno St, SD St, Nevada, San Jose St, UNLV, Idaho) Flex(Boise St)
AAC: North(Cincinnati, Uconn, Temple, ECU, Army, Navy) South(UCF, Houston, Air Force, USF, SMU, Tulane) Flex(Memphis)
MAC: East(Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent St, Miami(OH), Ohio, Umass) West(Ball St, C. Michigan, E. Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, W. Michigan) Flex(Akron)
Sun Belt: East(UAB, MTSU, FAU, FIU, Marshall, Ole Dominion, Georgia St) West(La Tech, N. Texas, Rice, Utep, UTSA, Tulsa, So. Miss) Flex(S. Bama)
Independents: Troy, NM St

Then I will also use Hawaii to fill in whatever conference has two teams in the C-usa since the winner of C-usa stays there there will always be two teams from one conference in there.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

I've been thinking about doing a regulation/champions league type set up too with the tiers being top tiers being B1G, followed by Big XII, etc. Currently, it's set up strictly by geographical location. For example, the Sun Belt is only Florida teams, the B1G is only Mich/Ohio/Indiana, and Big 12 is only Texas teams, and so on.

Let us know how it ends up working out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »