Home

WTF???

This is a discussion on WTF??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
WTF???

I am currently in the fifth year of my dynasty. My Steven Jackson clone (not quite as good as Jackson, but close) redshirt freshman HB Cecil Campbell has 1476 yards on 120 carries and 25 TDs. Through *eight* games.

With numbers like these, Campbell is a shoe-in for the Heisman, right?

Wrong.

Apparently, South Carolina has a HB, HB#31 a redshirt senior, who had amassed 2685 all purpose yards and 21 TDs through seven games. WTF is with that? I wanted Campbell to win four Heismans before I exported him to Madden, but this guy is going to ruin that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: WTF???

Controversy in college football. Imagine that. If it's in the game, it's in the game!
Old 01-03-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

That's an outrage. They should give the Heisman to a player on the user controlled team everytime.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:07 PM   #4
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

Oh well, statistics don't matter.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Kredit said:
Oh well, statistics don't matter.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2004, 10:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

GeePee20 said:
That's an outrage. They should give the Heisman to a player on the user controlled team everytime.

Well, whatever. If it goes to the computer controlled guy or me, whatever. I don't really CARE so much as it was my goal to gt 4 Heismans before I created the guy, so I kinda wanted to achieve it just to see if I can do it. Under any normal circumstances, I would. Just so happens that this guy is a freak on kick and punt returns.

I played a game using the guy and he really is that good.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

You already stated why the SC back should win the Heisman. He has over 2600 all purpose yards (be they receiving, kick-off returns, or punt returns). He's a far more valuable player to his team than your player is, and with that kind of versitility, he's likely the best player in the country.

As an aside, goals are wonderful, but if you're to the point that your player is winning the Heisman for 4 years in a row, don't you think it's time to take it off Varsity?
Old 01-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

badpoet said:
You already stated why the SC back should win the Heisman. He has over 2600 all purpose yards (be they receiving, kick-off returns, or punt returns). He's a far more valuable player to his team than your player is, and with that kind of versitility, he's likely the best player in the country.

As an aside, goals are wonderful, but if you're to the point that your player is winning the Heisman for 4 years in a row, don't you think it's time to take it off Varsity?

Nice call.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »