Home

Things you miss?

This is a discussion on Things you miss? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Things you miss?

Kickoff Return Right and Kickoff Return Left. They are in Madden don't know why they were left off on every 360 and PS3 version. Also the actual weather temperature in presentation.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

1. 2004: Post play pulling both triggers immediately brought up the instant Replay.
2. 2012 Entrances. They could have been streamlined a tad, but I HATE the new ones.
3. 2012 and Before: No Studio Updates.
4. 2004 having the pass/rush yards displayed on the play call screen.
5. 2007 and before?....kicking meter used buttons not right stick.
6. 2008 Shrine with you highlights playing in the background of the main menu. (Although they probalby caused slowdown....but cool feature).
7. User career stats.

And I'll get flamed for this....but I kind of miss celebrating with the Mascot. yeah, I mocked it a few years ago, but it was better than 14's immediately cut to a graphic.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I got flamed for this in another thread but whatever, I actually miss the presentation from NCAA 12 (Didn't play 13 so I'm not sure if it was in or not) when each team had it's on signature intro. Like for my Seminoles they used to show Chief Osceola plant his spear, and they would show Texas run out on the field with their flags, I mean they still show the Chief, but they don't show the whole thing anymore.

Don't get me wrong I think Presentation for NCAA 14 is good and it's definitely a strong point of this game, that is just something I miss.
I was shocked when they took out some of the best entrenches in college football...you don't mess with tradition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Spring game was a feature which would have been great to include in NCAA 14. Back when the spring game was included I was an avid dynasty player like I am currently. First time this generation I've played more than two seasons of a single dynasty mode experience. Especially with the new recruiting I'm more immersed in my players and would definitely like to test drive them before the games matter.

Couldn't agree more with you BleedGreen in that horrible teams in the day played horribly, now you can stay close with them and even upset a few teams if you don't make stupid mistakes. I remember creating a 99 ovr qb and putting him on a terrible team and it was still almost impossible to get close to the super teams.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

I miss FCS schools like a lot of others. Granted, there were always some teams that played "FCS East" but at least there were fewer.

Gameplay-wise, I miss the old playcall screen and being able to change packages from there when using Ask Coach mode. I looked at it as a way to keep me from using money plays and thought of it like a coordinator recommending a play. It was great when I could think "yeah, run that play but use this package." The one now is alright but Ask Coach doesn't allow you to change packages.

I also miss the option of using a playoff or bowl games for the championship.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #14
Rookie

PirateFan2's Arena

OVR: 1

Race For The Heisman has always been my favorite
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

I miss the full analog sensitivity from the PS2 era. The ability to go from walk to jog to run. The CPU still does it before the ball is snapped but they've neutered the user from being able to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #16
Rookie

jimmytheking's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
1. 2004: Post play pulling both triggers immediately brought up the instant Replay.
2. 2012 Entrances. They could have been streamlined a tad, but I HATE the new ones.
3. 2012 and Before: No Studio Updates.
Right on . #1 would be tops on my list as well. There are several plays ever game where I would like to watch the replay, but its such a pita, that I just say screw it and move on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »