Home

I've never seen this one before...

This is a discussion on I've never seen this one before... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2004, 08:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I\'ve never seen this one before...

4th quarter. 81 Clemson vs. 83 Nebraska.

I (UN) ran a FB Screen left on 2nd and 8 from the Neb. 26. Under heavy pressure my backup QB (Turner Gill broke his collar bone in the second quarter) fired a BEHIND THE BACK strike to the fullback who was immediately buried for an 8 yard loss. I thought that was what he did when I saw it at full speed. The replay confirmed it.

Nebraska made an immediate impact in typical Husker fashion. On the first play from scrimmage Turner Gill takes off on an option right and sprints 62 yards to the Clemson 20 setting up a 1 yd. plunge from Mike Rozier to put the Huskers up 7-0. Clemson immediately answers when QB Homer Jordan races around right end for 25yds to even the score at 7. The teams would trade punts until late in the second qtr. Clemson drove down to the UN 15 until Jordan threw the second of his 3 interceptions on the day. The Huskers marched 80 yards to score the go ahead TD, a 1yd. run by Mike Rozier as time runs out in the first half. NEB.14 CLEMSON 7.

After receiving the 2nd half kick-off, the Tigers tie the game on a 38 yd pass from Jordan to Tuttle. After a fumble by Mike Rozier at the UN 22, Clemson takes possession and settles for a field goal to give the Tigers their first lead at 17-14. With time running out in the third quarter however, the Huskers march 75 yards in 10 plays to get a short field goal to even the score at 17. The key play being a 35 yard swing pass to the Husker FB. END OF THIRD. NEB. 17 CLEMSON 17.

In a hard hitting defensive 4th quarter the Huskers looked to take the lead with a late drive. Instead of taking a 38 yd. field goal attempt Husker coach Tom Osborne gambles on 4th and 1 from the Clemson 21. Bad move. Mike Rozier who had gained 170yds. to this point in the game is stuffed and the Tigers take over with 3 minutes to go. After allowing a first down, the Blackshirts rise to the occasion and force a Clemson punt. 2:30 to go. The first big play of the drive comes on 3rd and 7 from the UN 32 when Irving Fryar catches an 8yd. slant to keep the drive alive. On the next play, Rozier shows off that 99 rating by breaking tackles and barrelling to the Clemson 35. Six plays later the Huskers kick a game winning 28yd. field goal to put an end to another classic. Mike Rozier takes home game MVP honors with 202 yards on 36 carries and 2 TDs. NEB. 20 CLEMSON 17.

cheers,

Mike
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »