Home

How do you dynasty?

This is a discussion on How do you dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you dynasty?

Just like the title says, how do you dynasty? I'm a big fan of college football and sine I truly believe this will be the last ncaa game worth buying I want to start a very long dynasty.

I have always enjoyed starting at a small school and working my way up. However, this time I was thinking about starting at a one star school as an oc and eventually working my way through the ranks.

In order for this dynasty to work like I want I was thinking about setting some house rules.
1) the cpu does all the recruiting while I'm an oc.
2) only play home games, championship games and bowl games (sim the rest)
3) can only recruit 4 or 5 star players that are not initially interested in you from your pipeline states. Or only recruit 4 or 5 star players that are interested in you? No picking up high stared scraps. Not sure which one I like more.

Suggestions and opinions are appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: How do you dynasty?

I pick a big school that I'm interested in, that I like their program, but aren't necessarily my favorite school.

I ran with Auburn for the first 4 years in the dynasty this year, then switched.

My 2nd run, I start a 2star or under team, and work myself up.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8

I like those house rules though. Always makes it interesting
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

I usually like to start off as an Offensive Coordinator at different school every time I start a dynasty. I'll build up some stock as a coach and hit the coaching carousel and try to build up a school from the bottom.

When I play as a OC I do not recruit and I turn on all assists and let the computer recruit. I save the recruiting for when I am the head coach. Adds extra incentive to get a HC job so I can build my own team.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony kant think
I usually like to start off as an Offensive Coordinator at different school every time I start a dynasty. I'll build up some stock as a coach and hit the coaching carousel and try to build up a school from the bottom.

When I play as a OC I do not recruit and I turn on all assists and let the computer recruit. I save the recruiting for when I am the head coach. Adds extra incentive to get a HC job so I can build my own team.
I'm going to do this for my next dynasty. When I've started as an OC I've always considered myself the recruiting coordinator. That made me never want to leave for a HC spot b/c I didn't want to leave "my players". Hmm, now I have to begin thinking of where I want to be an OC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I'm going to do this for my next dynasty. When I've started as an OC I've always considered myself the recruiting coordinator. That made me never want to leave for a HC spot b/c I didn't want to leave "my players". Hmm, now I have to begin thinking of where I want to be an OC.
It seems realistic enough to me, how often are OC and DC picked up as HC for schools around the country, there isn't much loyalty to that school. It is more of an opportunity to build up your resume and get your own team.

That is why I never pick my favorite schools at first, my goal is to get there eventually when the spot opens up.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

I was thinking of adding two more house rules:
4) you can only recruit what you need
5) no modifying the schedule

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
4) you can only recruit what you need
Adjusting this one: Only recruit what you needs and players from your state

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »