Home

What is your pass defense ranking???

This is a discussion on What is your pass defense ranking??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is your pass defense ranking???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
1) Press coverage smothers curls (but is vulnerable to streaks, but who cares about streaks in the red zone?).

2) As I said in the other thread, your DBs sprinting to the middle of the field during the play isn't normal and there's something glitching going on with your playbook/plays/hot routes/sliders/SOMETHING. You need to hit practice mode or play now and try to figure out why that's happening because I've never seen it.

3) Since they implemented ball hawk I don't think tapping Y to user catch works any more. I use ball hawk (hold down Y and don't let go) and it works very nicely. Most of my pick (and all of my user picks) are from ball hawk.
Tapping Y works fine, usually. But when the CPU has one of those drives that is absurd, it magically stops working. Love it.

The safety running away issue is when the FS is lined up on a WR already, and the SS stays in the middle of the field. If the offense is in 5-wide or trips left and right, and I have the SS in man coverage, it's a joke. I have to manually move him over the WR, and when the ball is snapped, he completely ditches his man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #26
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

Perfect example of skewed pass D numbers:

Year 2 of my dynasty, first game. I'm FLorida, playing Idaho.

Their QB goes 24-34 for 401 yds. They only scored 21 pts (which is still too many), but it was nuts. Basically they did a no-huddle, throwing the corner and slot-out routes the whole game. It wasn't even fun.

Their RB had 7 car for 30 yards. I sacked them a bunch, so they netted negative rushing ydg. It's like this every game. Not 400 yds to Idaho, but still bad.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
I consistently have the #1 or #2 run defense and am usually last in pass defense. I get the same result running all sorts of defenses and sim vs. actually playing.
This 1000% lol it's kinda funny. But I guess when you have opposing QBs no matter their ratings going 30 for 32 every bloody game it should be expected.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

My rush defense is solid as always. Ranked# 5 but my pass defense is atrocious. Ranked # 96.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #29
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Yea, my defense is awful with the Washington. I'm in the 100s as far as Pass Defense goes, and I don't know what in the world you guys are doing to have anything inside the Top50. It seems like the computer completes everything, and my defensive line gets no pressure, even when I blitz 60% of the time.

Even then the computer either throws it straight out of bounds, which they never get called for, or make some outragous, incredibly accurate pass right to the WR.

Are you guys using sliders? I'm on All-American in an OD. I'm the commish and the only thing I've changed is the punt and kick accuracy sliders.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
Rookie

dreyfus's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm currently in my first season with Purdue in an offline dynasty. I always play my first season on the varsity difficulty (I've only had the game for a week.) My rush defense is ranked #1, I'm #4 in points allowed, and I'm #1 in pass defense. Again, I'm sure that is largely due to playing on the varsity setting. Just from glimpsing through this thread it seems like most of you are playing on the all American or Heisman setting. Makes me not want to change it for my second season lol.

Things I do that I think help me out in the game: I run a lot of zone blitzes. Get pressure on the quarterback while still maintaining a decent coverage range against the receivers. Also, I don't remember who it was that mentioned it (my apologies), I hold the Y button now (triangle for you ps3 users) to engage the ball hawk system. Since I saw that hint come up in the pre-game loading screen about 5 games ago I've had at least one user pick every game since then. Again, I only play on the varsity setting right now so these things may not work. Just what helps me out, thought I'd share.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #31
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I've made it through approximately 4 1/2 years offline with Georgia Tech and my rush D is typically #1 or at least top-10. Pass D in my current year is pretty sad (90-ish) but usually I'm top-40 or 30.

Keep in mind that bad pass defensive #s doesn't simply mean you have a bad pass defense. It could mean that you're blowing out your opponent so they have to play catch-up. It could mean your run-D is so good that they give up on it and throw 50 times a game. It could mean that the conference you play in contains a lot of pass-happy offenses.

Mess with sliders so that the CPU run game trounces you and I bet you'll see your pass-D #s improve ... at a cost elsewhere
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #32
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

100s. 10characters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »