Home

Recruiting difficulties among positions

This is a discussion on Recruiting difficulties among positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting difficulties among positions

Have you noticed that recruiting Offensive lineman/Corner backs is such a challenge.

Those two positions seem to have the most competition going after it. You have at least 4-5 schools heavily after any offensive lineman over a 4-star.

Then the 3* Gems are even worse. It's such a challenge to get the best Offensive lineman every season.

Wide Recievers...if you want a 5 star or a couple of 4 stars a year. They always tend to be available. I tend to merge Athletes and QB's together because some teams prefer to recruit athletes instead of QB's I've noticed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting difficulties among positions

Don't even waste my time with oline.

Either go after the highly ranked ones who are immediately interested in me, or else settle for 2 or 3 star linemen that nobody is recruiting halfway through the year, redshirt their first year when they are a 68-73, and by the time they are Juniors they are 83+ and more than capable.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethisis
Have you noticed that recruiting Offensive lineman/Corner backs is such a challenge.
Here's how I deal with the problem...
First, realize that those positions do get a lot of competition. Focus on players who are a good fit for your school. If you have a 68 who is a good fit or a 74 who has a D in one of his primary preferences... Go with the 68. Any time on the 74 will be wasted.
Second, look for Athletes. Any athlete weighing 270+ but with a D tackle skill and a D catching is probably an offensive lineman. Any athlete with A/B speed/acceleration, B/C tackle/man cover/zone cover is probably a cornerback. Throw a bunch on your board and scout them. Quite often I find a 75+ gem, and can sneak him because the computer is hesitant to spend too much time on athletes. The greatest cornerback I ever found (who wound up as a 99 and was drafted first round into the NFL) was actually a 71 athlete who, after scouting, was a +10 gem, 81 who was also an 80 WR. I needed CB more than WR so that's where he went. The man was not only a shutdown corner, but turned into an INT machine.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've never noticed any difficulty in signing O-linemen so I went back and looked at the recruits I've signed through 5 recruiting classes. It doesn't look like I've had trouble signing them except for 1 year where I signed 8 of the bastards.

POS-PRESTIGE-OVR
2013 (average recruit OVR grade for entire class = 75.2)
C-3-79
G-4-75

2014 (75.4)
T-4-76
G-3-75

2015 (76.6)
T-4-74
C-3-78

2016 (73.6)
T-5-81
G-4-76
C-4-72
T-3-74
T-3-69
T-3-74
T-3-69
G-2-70

2017 (77.7)
NONE (Clearly I should've ignored some from 2016 and carried them over to 2017)

2018 (only thru week 5)
G-3-75
T-4-79
C-4-78

EDIT:
I just looked at my CBs and the worst one I've signed (out of 7) was a 72 OVR and he's the only one below 75.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

TE's are the bane of my recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Rookie

TE have been a challenge to get as well in my experience.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I cant get a FB, i have 3 pistol formation in my O, that is the only reason i need one. Its become haunting for me.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I have more issues with TE and FB than anything else. TE is especially hard this year, at least for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »