Home

What are the Coach Mode (RPG type) benefits from NCAA13 to NCAA14?

This is a discussion on What are the Coach Mode (RPG type) benefits from NCAA13 to NCAA14? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
What are the Coach Mode (RPG type) benefits from NCAA13 to NCAA14?

Essentially what I'm asking is whether I should upgrade from 13 to 14. A couple of points though: This game is not released in Australia therefore I need to get the US version which then means I can't access alot of online features.......hence I am solely an offline gamer.

So I really like NCAA13. It's brilliant IMO and alot of fun. The aspects I enjoy the most are the strategic off field elements. Recruiting, setting depth charts and formation subs, coach progression, immersion by looking at what is going on around the conference/greater NCAA.

I read that NCAA14 has a better recruiting system. I read that NCAA14 is more RPG-like in getting XP and improving your coach (meaning I can start at a 1/2 star school and progress).

I only play coach mode so I really don't care about controls or certain of those gameplay aspects that hands-on NCAA users will be interested in.

So, all in all, I love NCAA13 for the above reasons. I'm very tempted to upgrade to NCAA14 but need some friendly OS advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: What are the Coach Mode (RPG type) benefits from NCAA13 to NCAA14?

I play exclusively in Coach Mode on XBOX 360. I have been playing single games only for several years, so I have no comments regarding other game modes.

However, if you are on the 360, I recommend buying NCAA14. I think the Infinity game engine provides more interesting game possibilities. Some issues present in 13, such as the User team never calling a Fair Catch, have been corrected.

I recommend you consider learning how to use the external editors to modify the game play to your liking. I customized 13 to the point where I continued to enjoy the game long after the football season was completed. I expect to be able to do even more in NCAA14.

It is possible that NCAA14 will be the last game in the series. If so, EA might decide to continue to work on the game to make it as good as it can be.

NCAA14 contains all the game features that were present in NCAA13, plus having the Ultimate Team mode as a new game-play feature.

Separate Difficulty Level settings in NCAA14 are available for both Offense and Defense. This new feature allows you much more variety in how you play the game against the CPU.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: What are the Coach Mode (RPG type) benefits from NCAA13 to NCAA14?

Thanks for the reply Art. Think you make some solid points.

I have a feeling I might grab 14 when I can get it at a lower import cost (right now it's roughly $80+ to import to Australia).

Roll tide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »