Home

New introductions bad

This is a discussion on New introductions bad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New introductions bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
this is one of my strongest dislikes for this game.
The pregame is strikingly bad and has devolved.

I also really hate how they show live action from the game that hasnt happened yet.
This! How can they show highlights from a game that hasnt happened yet?!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Rookie

youngdro_NT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
this is one of my strongest dislikes for this game.
The pregame is strikingly bad and has devolved.

I also really hate how they show live action from the game that hasnt happened yet.
My pet peeve here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
I think that nobody said to mess up the intros and turn them into music videos, but EA made that up to justify their actions.
No one told them to make them into music videos but people probably said they don't like how intros are always the "same" and long. (Teams without a custom entrance had the same generic entrance everytime) EA took those complains and instead of improving the entrances they just threw them out the window completely and went in a differant direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I guess EA didn't listen to why people didn't like the intros.

The dead air (no commentary), lack of broadcast style (no stat overlays or anything else re: the game to be displayed while this intro is going on), and repetition (instead of the same intro every time, how about a real time camera that produces a different version of the intro so that no two intros are exactly the same) having something to do with it.

I just don't get the direction of EA football games.
Totally agree. I think Texas had the longest intro in '13, and I counted 11 separate clips in the intro (Players leaving the locker room, Bevo, Fans, the Drum, running out, Bevo standing up etc.....). Even if it can't be real time, how about randomizing about 5 of those clips into the entrance each time?

Adding Reece to the intro in '13 didn't help either. It didn't add much value, but dragged things out.

And while I love the old intros, I do recognize that some people want to jump right into the game. There really should be an option in the presentation settings to bypass it.

I would be surprised if there are many people who by-passed the '12 or '13 entrances, but actually watch the '14 intros. From '96 to '13, I almost always watched the intros....but I just skip the '14 entrances....I have seen my RB do a spin move at midfield enough times.....and I refuse to watch my guys dance around pregame to the country music intro (no offense to country music fans).

Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #13
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
I don't think ANYBODY gets the direction of EA football games.
Most people skip all the intros and cutscenes, so my guess is that long presentation sequences aren't needed for the majority of players

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

My issue is that EA made a big todo bout capturing the pageantry of college football so that's why they added those unique entrances, now that's gone. It's not like they weren't skippable. I doubt by eliminating them it allowed them to add anything else to the game.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan4life
Most people skip all the intros and cutscenes, so my guess is that long presentation sequences aren't needed for the majority of players
Sounds like you might play mostly online? For mutli-player games, you may be right? But for many single player offline guys like myself, the "immersion" is a big factor. So I am not so sure about "Most".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan4life

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
So instead of adding a option to not use intros they threw them out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »