Home

How to keep CPU playbooks realistic in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on How to keep CPU playbooks realistic in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How to keep CPU playbooks realistic in Dynasty?

i agree it sucks you can't control it, but that's EA. At least we can agree this version is much better than last year, and we have formations and plays (flexbone, wingbone, screens, bubble screens) that are useable this year.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
i agree it sucks you can't control it, but that's EA. At least we can agree this version is much better than last year, and we have formations and plays (flexbone, wingbone, screens, bubble screens) that are useable this year.
Yeah I agree its better than last year,but all the right editable options are there to control it and it still doesn't work,just very frustrating.Yeah the game is better than last year but that aint sayin much,man do we ever need competition in the football gaming market.But that's off topic,was hoping someone had a work around.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Okay if anyone's interested I found a solution.I created a new coach and gave him Oregon's playbook.I then assigned him as OC of Oregon,then a changed him to a CPU controlled coach.Went to my game vs the Ducks and they are now set to use their Oregon playbook.

Problem is that by doing this the new CPU controlled coach will have nearly no skill,so I don't know how that will play out.I only plan to do this rarely when I think a team has no business changing their system in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

On ps3, is the CPU teams using the Playbook of the head coach or the coordinators?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Does this bother anyone else? Anybody know how to fix it?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Does this bother anyone else? Anybody know how to fix it?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone uncovered anything new about this issue?

There doesn't seem to be one specific way that the CPU uses a playbook for a team. Sometimes it seems to use the OC, sometimes the HC and sometimes it seems to be unrelated to the playbook anyone on the team has(or previous coaches had).

I read this post after picking up the game about two weeks ago but everything seemed to be working pretty normally for me. I like to change up the coaches playbooks and try to improve some of the schools that are doing very poorly.

I first noticed something was off when Akron had a very run-heavy game in its first week. The playbook I had assigned to the HC, OC and DC was custom made and pass-heavy. The OC for Army became the HC for Texas St so I checked their game and it was balanced so they weren't running the option(The game was close so it was not passing the whole game to catch up). Then I checked Alabama since they had The Texas HC as their OC - they were still using the AL playbook.

The stats were checked from simmed games so I think that answers the question of if its just for user games or for all games. I checked the playbook by going to the schedule and starting to play the game from the current week. I dabbled in changing to books of the coaches and then restarting but nothing changed unless it was me changing my own book. I also made sure I saved after the playbook change but that didn't matter.

I wonder if this may be linked to profiles? Anyone have some more info?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »