Home

I cannot run the ball in this game!

This is a discussion on I cannot run the ball in this game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
Rookie

windycityape's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I cannot run the ball in this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
Are you guys holding down turbo boost immediately when the ball is handed off?
I used to do that my self. I found out tapping the sprint button and releasing it helps. After that you can do a few moves then tap the button again. If you hold the turbo button immediately after the hand off its trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
What are your sliders at? What is your difficulty?
All American, default sliders
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
With sliders & settings, I have been able to get the run game going....even to the point of being too easy. Although even with those easy settings, it is just constant 5-15 yard runs. I rarely... if ever see the breakaway 60+ yard run. Even with threshold at 0.
Yeah. The breakaway run is non-existent.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
I went over 400 yards rushing last game with 3rd-year FSU against a 93 overall Clemson defense... Heisman sliders. I've found the key is entirely just setting your "holding blocks" to aggressive. It makes a world of difference. I was the same prior, I could not run the ball for the life of me, especially online. It took my pistol/shotgun/flexbone triple option/power running attack from nothing to something I could probably make an ebook that 12 year old kids will waste their money on.

Edit: Reading this sounds like I'm trying to brag or something - I'm not. I'm an extremely average player at best. Just trying to emphasize how easy running is if you change "holding blocks" to aggressive.
Are you seeing breakaway runs now?
Old 08-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
I cannot run the ball in this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
All American, default sliders
I have my sliders set like this. HUM run block 15 RB ability at 35. CPU rush D at 95. I get break away runs of 45 yds. 60 yards has happened once or twice but that shouldn't always happen. I run a lot outside and cut back in. Use a lot of jukes and spins. This is usually against a lower rated team. Following blockers and not hitting the turbo button is how I do it. Average around 150-160 yds rushing a game.

Threshold for me is set at 25. I have a slider set in the sliders section called All-American Slider set for NCAA 14 I use. Has most of my changes except I think for what I posted in here. I change my sliders frequently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Rookie

jv35's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Are you guys holding down turbo boost immediately when the ball is handed off?
No. I started off holding it, but now I wait till I hit the hole, then I hit the sprint/accelerate button.

It's taking some getting used to occasionally pressing it after years of holding it down.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 08-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv35
No. I started off holding it, but now I wait till I hit the hole, then I hit the sprint/accelerate button.

It's taking some getting used to occasionally pressing it after years of holding it down.
What teams are you using and playing against? Has the Oline ratings? HB can be a beast. If your Oline is average you'll have an average run game in my opinion.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #24
Rookie

jv35's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
What teams are you using and playing against? Has the Oline ratings? HB can be a beast. If your Oline is average you'll have an average run game in my opinion.
Penn State, with Zach Zwinak (power back) with O-Line in the 85-90 OVR range (this was over a few years of a dynasty). Mainly playing Big Ten opponents with similarly rated D-Lines. Since I had a power back, I played to his strengths by calling few pitches and a lot of inside handoffs.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »