Home

I cannot run the ball in this game!

This is a discussion on I cannot run the ball in this game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I cannot run the ball in this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv35
Penn State, with Zach Zwinak (power back) with O-Line in the 85-90 OVR range (this was over a few years of a dynasty). Mainly playing Big Ten opponents with similarly rated D-Lines. Since I had a power back, I played to his strengths by calling few pitches and a lot of inside handoffs.
Try the stretch plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #26
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

If your RB has speed its way too easy.

I'm the opposite of you, I'm really good at running it but I can't complete a deep streak to save my life. (maybe it's the sliders I'm playing with)
Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you cannot run the ball in this game you are sorry. Even with sliders turned slightly up on All American I am averaging over 5 yards per carry with every runningback on my team. My best RB is avg over 6 yards per carry. I can't adjust the sliders because its not my league but its definitely too easy to run on this game.

Run counters out of the shotgun, read option out of shotgun, learn to follow your blocks and stop holding down the right trigger.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
It also depends on the type of back you have. If you have a power back stick with I-formations and single back formations, straight ahead running, nothing fancy, just pound the rock with a big power guy.

Now if you have speed guys, then yeah spread them out. Use your speed with options and spread formations getting the guy on the edge. I think in this years game knowing your personal is huge.
What playbook do you use?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #29
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I play Heisman/Heisman with user run blocking at 20 and CPU run defense at 95 and average 6-7 YPC running Oregon's offense at both UCLA and Kent State. I also have a guy in my Keht State league who won the Heisman at Temple running a pro style offense. So, I think it is more about skill than just the offense. The biggest thing I had to adjust to is to not use the sprint button until you're in the open. Also, be prepared to cut back or juke into an open hole. Running is different this year (actually more realistic) so you just have to adjust to it.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 09-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
Rookie

Brutus's Arena

OVR: 2

My concern is that it feels uneven. I can play 2-3 games with the same team and get difference outcomes with the same player. One game my RB will be really fast and the next game he seems to move super slow. I feel like its not consistent. Anyone else feel like this is happening?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »