Home

I cannot run the ball in this game!

This is a discussion on I cannot run the ball in this game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I cannot run the ball in this game!

I do not know what it is. I was able to run well in the demo (of course, I think it was on Varsity difficulty by default), but I cannot for the life of me run in this game! It doesn't matter who my back is or what play I call. ISO, dive, sweep left, right, pitch, power, counter all end up in a seven to eight yard gain at best and more likely a one to two yard gain or a loss.

What am I doing wrong? Is anyone else having problems running the ball this year? If you have success, do you mind sharing your strategy?

I have it on All-American Offense and All-American Defense with 55 run blocking and 55 RB ability for user.

And I am a veteran player (since 2004) so it's not just a case of me not being any good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I cannot run the ball in this game!

Most here, including myself actually find the human run game to be way to easy. If you can't run on AA with sliders beefed up all I can tell you is to keep upping the RBK and RBA or try lower CPU TKL. Lowering the CPU TKL is most likely going to help you the most as it also affects pursuit angles as well as actual tackling ability.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
Rookie

ECGopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe you've done this already, but try running out of shotgun formations. Whether its option runs or just off tackle stuff, they really made the spread offense stuff good this year IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
Rookie

youngdro_NT's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm not sure what you are doing. But if I work then I can get 150-200 yards fairly easy. My main thing is to just follow my blocks. Letting them develop before hitting my burst. Also don't pop outside too quick.

What kind of offense or what team your run with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #5
Rookie

jejones's Arena

OVR: 0

Try spread option. You'll be rushing for 400 yards a game in no time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

It also depends on the type of back you have. If you have a power back stick with I-formations and single back formations, straight ahead running, nothing fancy, just pound the rock with a big power guy.

Now if you have speed guys, then yeah spread them out. Use your speed with options and spread formations getting the guy on the edge. I think in this years game knowing your personal is huge.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Are you playing with scrub players/teams? What game speed are you using? Are you using the speed burst correctly?

I dunno what the issue might be. Not to sound boastful or anything but I've felt like the running is really easy, so much that I crank the CPU run defense/tackling to 100 and drop my run blocking and RB ability to the 30s.

Maybe try using varsity with some sliders. I dunno how you play but I'd suggest following your blocks and making hard cuts inside instead of trying to bounce them outside.

Maybe you can decrease the threshhold to help limit the shoestring tackles. Maybe lower the CPU tackling a pinch for the infinity engine to play a larger part in plays.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

With sliders & settings, I have been able to get the run game going....even to the point of being too easy. Although even with those easy settings, it is just constant 5-15 yard runs. I rarely... if ever see the breakaway 60+ yard run. Even with threshold at 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »