Home

Recruiting an athlete question

This is a discussion on Recruiting an athlete question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting an athlete question

I didnt read all the responses, so i apologize if someone already posted this... but it can happen. I recruited a 4* WR with 94 SP in my last season. RS him b/c i had good depth. When i hit the offseason, he requested a transfer b/c of PT. Chance to retain was very low. I offered him a middle-tier promise and he said no. I am on about season 6 or 7 of my dynasty and have seen it happen twice (the 1st was with a lesser recruit that i didnt really care about). I have RS a bunch of 4 and 5* recruits. I would say odds are low, but you run the risk so keep that in mind
Old 09-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

They can play both sides of the ball. In my current dynasty I got the HC job at Hawaii and recruited an ATH that was good at RB, WR, CB, and S. He even had enough arm ratings to be an average QB. I needed him most at WR but I do have him on my depth chart as my 5th CB.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swivel63
i have another athlete question.....

are athletes good at positions on both sides of the ball or just one? i've recruited multiple athletes, and all they seem to be good at only tail back or receiver. if they're good at those positions, and they're "athletes," one would think they should be pretty good at corner or safety as well. am i the only one dealing with this?
Some can play multiple positions, some are really only good at one. One tip is too look at the stats once you scout. If they have high zone/man coverage + tackling they will be able to play DB. If they have good route running, WR. Etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swivel63
i have another athlete question.....

are athletes good at positions on both sides of the ball or just one? i've recruited multiple athletes, and all they seem to be good at only tail back or receiver. if they're good at those positions, and they're "athletes," one would think they should be pretty good at corner or safety as well. am i the only one dealing with this?

A few are good at positions on both sides of the ball but most are either offense or defense. I search by 40 times, bench and squat and get a good cross section of talent. Guys with good speed and also can lift a lot of weight tend to be good safeties, linebackers, defensive ends and/or running backs. The two best running backs I've had were both athletes.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I took over NC State in an online dynasty and promptly redshirted a freshman CB, because it was clear my depth wasn't going to be very good. Just before season 2, in which he was poised to be CB #2, a starter, he transferred because of "playing time." I couldn't convince him to stay –*he immediately shut me out after I promised him he'd play in 9 or more games!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #14
Rookie

dreyfus's Arena

OVR: 5

I have an athlete question of my own, not trying to steal the thread's thunder (or the creator's for that matter). When you recruit an athlete, do you have to assign them to a set position?

Last edited by dreyfus; 09-02-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus
I have an athlete question of my own, not trying to steal the thread's thunder (or the creator's for that matter). When you recruit an athlete, do you have to assign them to a set position?
Yes, in the off season during the "Position Changes" week you will have to assign the athlete to a desired position. If you don't the computer will assign them to a position (Don't know the logic behind the computer assigning athletes to positions i.e., do they fill position need or put the athlete at the position that they have the highest rating with?). Anywho, the only thing that affects assigning an athlete to a position is that the recruit will only progress significantly in the position specific areas and not in every category. An example would be if you have an athlete that can play either quarterback or receiver and you assign him to play receiver, his throw power and throw accuracy won't increase much, if at all, throughout his career. On the other hand his receiver skills, catching, route running, catch in traffic ect... will increase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus
Yeah you do, but you can edit the depth charts to let them play multiple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »