Home

Why? Mysteries of the EA sports football universe.

This is a discussion on Why? Mysteries of the EA sports football universe. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why? Mysteries of the EA sports football universe.

Well, first off, I have to say again that I've finally been brought back into the EA sports football universe with the latest Madden/NCAA releases. I haven't been able to stomach any of the current gen releases for more than a game or two before NCAA 14/Madden 25. Commendable job, and thanks a mil to the devs this year for bringing me back.

However, there still remains a few mysteries that are unsolved and leave me (hopefully some of you) scratching my head. I haven't really put any forethought into the list I'm about to lay out, its just going to be things that jump out at me every time I play (probably going to be lots of aesthetic/art issues) and the first things that pop in my head. Feel free to add to the list gents.

1. Why was a weird hybrid kicker face mask added to NCAA, but the Revo Speed QB mask was mysteriously left out?

2. Why are there still jacked up camera angles and montages when we know it can be done correctly, seeing that there are a few good camera angles added this year?

3. Why are the Madden player models so much more detailed and crispy?

4. Why are the revolution face masks still completely out of proportion after ALL of these years?

5. Why aren't the Heisman face models available for use in regular dynasty mode?

6. Why do players still move about like androids after the play is over?

7. Why aren't there any all black/all white nike gloves available for use?

Now that I'm done, most of this really seems like minor aesthetic issues that can be fixed and done/over with easily right? Just knock this stuff out and get it out of the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why? Mysteries of the EA sports football universe.

Why are you more worried about facemasks and gloves then how the game plays? I mean they made a great game and little things like that are not missed by most people.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Cdog923's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Why are you more worried about facemasks and gloves then how the game plays? I mean they made a great game and little things like that are not missed by most people.
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

There's a substantial portion of the fanbase of this game that care about the little things, like equipment edits and proper uniform and stadium representations. Two of the largest threads on the forum have to deal with uniform updates and equipment reveals.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

There's a substantial portion of the fanbase of this game that care about the little things, like equipment edits and proper uniform and stadium representations. Two of the largest threads on the forum have to deal with uniform updates and equipment reveals.
Agree, the game does play great, but personally wish they gave more attention to smaller schools uniforms. Alot of people like taking a 1* to the top and they get no love while big schools have tons of options
Old 09-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Agreed, but unfortunately it's become the norm here. Miss the good ole days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #6
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

Why did they leave it out? Because they knew you would buy the game no matter what and they knew they could get away with it because what other college football game is there to buy? The world runs on the almighty dollar, get used to it.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay415
Agree, the game does play great, but personally wish they gave more attention to smaller schools uniforms. Alot of people like taking a 1* to the top and they get no love while big schools have tons of options
agreed

where are Wyoming's camo uniforms? c'mon!

Spoiler

also their all brown helmets are missing too

Spoiler
Old 09-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #8
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghdtyjtwen
Why are you more worried about facemasks and gloves then how the game plays?
Seriously?

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »