Home

Heisman Winners

This is a discussion on Heisman Winners within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Heisman Winners

So, tonight in my first year as the head man at the University of Washington I earned my very first Heisman trophy with Bishop Sankey, RB #25.

I've been playing the NCAA football series since NCAA 98 on the PC with Danny W. on the cover and never actually won the award. I think I came close with Cody Pickett (QB #3) in NCAA Football 2004 but never actually won the thing until tonight.

I'm curious...How many Heisman's has everyone earned? Did you find some years of the game were easier to win the coveted award than others?

Bishop Sankey (HB#25, if you want to get all Ed O'bannon/Sam Keller about it):

Rushing Yards: 1,646 yards
Rushing TDs: 22
Receptions: 45
Receiving Yards: 373
Receiving TDs: 1

Go Huskies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Rookie

dreyfus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Heisman Winners

This was the second NCAA game I have had a player win the Heisman. I did it with my QB in my now extinct Purdue dynasty. I also did it in '07 on the original Xbox using a WR I threw in at HB because he had 99 speed. I just optioned to him a lot. Ended up breaking the records for rushing yards and TD's in a season with him. Not sure what the difficulty was set on for that one though, probably varsity lol. That was back when you could create schools on your console, you know, the good 'ol days.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Nice, thanks for the reply.

Yeah - I def miss the days I could create teams on my console. The only advantage to teambuilder is the logo incorporation, aside from that its a pain in the backside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus
This was the second NCAA game I have had a player win the Heisman. I did it with my QB in my now extinct Purdue dynasty. I also did it in '07 on the original Xbox using a WR I threw in at HB because he had 99 speed. I just optioned to him a lot. Ended up breaking the records for rushing yards and TD's in a season with him. Not sure what the difficulty was set on for that one though, probably varsity lol. That was back when you could create schools on your console, you know, the good 'ol days.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #4
Rookie

TMAG1C's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm pretty sure I've won a Heisman in every NCAA game I've had. This year it's snuck away from me though. Always leading up to the Conference championships then magically I don't win it. Hopefully I can win one soon.

Last edited by TMAG1C; 09-04-2013 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I've played the game for a few years now. I always start with a low-tier team. In NCAA 08 (I believe) I started with MTSU. Took me eight seasons, but I won a national title on Heisman difficulty. My junior RB ended up winning the Heisman.

Larry O'Donnell - 1610 Ru Yds, 30 TD, 19 Rec, 196 Yds, 2 TD

I always joked with my college roommates about him. There was some sort of glitch where he didn't have his name on the back of his jersey while everyone else did. I said that Larry only played for the name on the front of jersey, not the back. His efforts for the team were rewarded in his junior season as he led us to the National Title and won the Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I finished 2nd to Manziel in the 2nd yr of my OD. Which was his 3rd consecutive Heisman. I rushed for 1600+ and 31tds. But I was playing as Old Dom. So I took that to be why I missed out.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i know for sure ive won multiple times in every game i had. NOW the heisman in 14...my dominating rb finished 2nd not once but TWICE to manziel. even record breaking numbers manziel still pulls away
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Rookie

tefpetti's Arena

OVR: 0

Sometimes my player's stats would be head and shoulders above the Heisman winner's. When I played in AA mode, there wouldn't be much of a problem for me to win the Heisman. Now in Heisman mode (ironically), I'm constantly ending up in 2np place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »