Home

Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting

This is a discussion on Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting

I was a little concerned about the learning curve for this years recruiting but after some testing I've got it down and I'm addicted...lol...I haven't developed any house rules yet so I thought it would be cool to have you share what you've come up with and why...also, I'm playing coach mode now but i know at some point i will do an offline dynasty where i fully control the sticks, so please post what mode i.e. online with friends, offline solo, etc...

Appreciate the ideas fellas ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting

You want 700 on any recruit you want a good chance of getting I normally add 20 to my board during the scouting process, then I remove the busts or duplicates of positions getting me down to about 15 total So then I can put 700 on the top 9 leaving me 200 which I normally put 100 on a punter/kicker (my#10) and 100 on my #11. Now, as your main recruits get ahead by a thousand or so points and you get commits you can add more points to your #11-15 (you can keep your punter at 100 unless it actually gets close).

And obviously through this process you are hoping for a few insta-recruits.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't scout -- the busts make it interesting
Old 09-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

I only recruit one ath a year, its too easy to get a stud skill player every year that is better then any of the position players.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Unless initially interested, the only people I can go after are 1* above school level
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I only play offline and play every game. Now on to my house rules...

1. Only recruit players that I'm in their top 3 during pre-season.
2. Can only sign as many recruits as I have seniors for that season even if I have underclassmen leave early.
3. Can only sign 4-5 star players if they will start within 2 years.
4. Once I set up my board in the preseason I never add players until the next pre season recruiting period.
5. Never go above 20 players on my board at any time.

Reason why...

1. I feel like only recruiting guys that I'm in their top 3 adds some difficulty. If you are at a lower level school then it can be really hard to find players.
2. I do this to prevent the over recruiting. I could sign 25 guys each season then cut how ever many until I'm under 70 but then I am taking away from the CPU's player pool. It is just not done in real life so why do it in the game.
3. I hate having a bunch of 4-5 star guys sitting on my bench when they could be playing for the computer. I allow 2 years so I can red shirt them if needed. Say I have a really good junior QB but need a replacement in 2 years. I will sign a 4-5 star QB that has me in their top 3 a year early so I can red shirt him one season to only make him better. If I need backups then I recruit 2-3 star guys.
4. I don't fill like looking for guys all season long. I spend the majority of my recruiting time in the pre season then I focus on the games.
5. With 20 guys I can have enough to fill the number of players I will be losing as well as have enough replacement once another player signs with another school.

I have been using these same house rules or more than 5 years. I can't remember if NCAA98 had a dynasty mode but I know NCAA99 did. From that point on I was hooked on this game. But over time I need to add some rules to make the game a challenge. I think I added them around NCAA05 or 06.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

I will only add a recruit to my board if they satisfy at least 1 of the following:
  • They are based in my home state, a state that shares a border with my state, or they are from a current pipeline state.
  • They are interested in coming to my school, and have me in their top 10.
  • After week 10, I will pick one player that is less than 25% committed, and based anywhere in the country. I cannot scout that player. I call this the FB rule, as the player I pick is most often a FB/TE/OL player, as the pool of players who satisfy one of the above 2 criteria is normally pretty small each year.

General Rules:
  • I can only recruit like for like on the players who are leaving in a given year. If I'm losing 2 WRs and a DE, I can only recruit 2 WRs and a DE. I don't stockpile talent.
  • I freely add players to my list throughout the season, and remove them if needed.
  • I freely recruit athletes.

I spent 3 years at 1* Army and 2 at 1* Mid Tenn State though, should point that out. The fact I'm not a very strong school often restricts me from dominating recruiting, the max I can offer per recruit is 500 points anyway. I like the restrictions people have for things I do freely, I may implement them once I become more of a recruiting force
Old 09-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
Banned

I need to choose some good house rules. Otherwise it seems like you can just throw a dart at any 1 star school and turn them into a contender in under a decade. I just wish you could put the house rules into the console so you didn't have to just try to enforce yourself. Then it starts to feel like I'm playing an imaginary game. We shouldn't have to make our own imaginary rules EA should just get the game right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »