Home

Best PS2 year?

This is a discussion on Best PS2 year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best PS2 year?

I liked 06 the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #66
Just started!

I had a lot of fun playing ncaa 04 on the ps2. I would also recommend ncaa 07 for the 360. It has that last gen feel to it. I bought it from gamestop for .98 and couldn't stop playing it for a couple of months.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #67
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp5681
I had a lot of fun playing ncaa 04 on the ps2. I would also recommend ncaa 07 for the 360. It has that last gen feel to it. I bought it from gamestop for .98 and couldn't stop playing it for a couple of months.
I bought 07 for the 360 and it seemed very slow and glitchy. How did you get it to play so smoothly? slider tweaks??
Old 10-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #68
Just started!

To be honest i don't remember what slider adjustments I made but the game speed felt good. I originally bought it to mess around with Adrian Peterson at OU and Chris Johnson at ECU. I ended up running a franchise with Iowa State. I was having a lot of fun until it froze on me in season 3 after i'd just finished my recruiting. I got mad and started a new franchise using University of Louisiana Lafayette (i like the smaller schools). If you can find sliders that you like I would say give it another try.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp5681
To be honest i don't remember what slider adjustments I made but the game speed felt good. I originally bought it to mess around with Adrian Peterson at OU and Chris Johnson at ECU. I ended up running a franchise with Iowa State. I was having a lot of fun until it froze on me in season 3 after i'd just finished my recruiting. I got mad and started a new franchise using University of Louisiana Lafayette (i like the smaller schools). If you can find sliders that you like I would say give it another try.
NCAA 07 for the 360? Are you sure you don't mean NCAA 07 for the 1st Xbox? From what I remember, 07 on 360 was a huge disappointment, it lacked features and details of 07 on PS2, had all sorts of frame rate and graphical glitches. coaches warping and stuff.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #70
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
NCAA 07 for the 360? Are you sure you don't mean NCAA 07 for the 1st Xbox? From what I remember, 07 on 360 was a huge disappointment, it lacked features and details of 07 on PS2, had all sorts of frame rate and graphical glitches. coaches warping and stuff.
Yes, I bought this on a whim and was severely upset with not only the gameplay, but you cannot even edit rosters. It seemed like a generic play now version, and if I remember right the gameplay was incredibly slow and just felt weird.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #71
Rookie

I personally love 09. It has the expanded playbooks but is the most playable of the newer games. I still play it and when used in a PS3 with faster load times and slightly smoother animations it holds up pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #72
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

My Favorites were: 06, 2004, and 08

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »