Home

Anyone Else Abandon NCAA 14 After Purchasing Madden 25..?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Abandon NCAA 14 After Purchasing Madden 25..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #33
Rookie

seanjohn21276's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone Else Abandon NCAA 14 After Purchasing Madden 25..?

I'm trying not to. I just finished a season in my dynasty and now am just starting a connected franchise in Madden
Old 09-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm playing both. Importing my draft class. Madden is way more in depth. Like both games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
I enjoy the pro game in real life slightly more than I do in the virtual world. That said, NCAA 14 and the college game translates to the virtual field better (IMO)

NCAA14 is a blast. There seems to be more emotion in that game than what you'll find in madden. Is it perfect, no. But its fun and has some nice gameplay.
This.

i must say that in theory madden should be the game that i would prefer, due to me liking nfl more, imo building your team through the draft, free agency and trades while managing the cap is way more exciting then recruiting, and i like the playoff system in the nfl much better. Those bowl games when you finish 7-5 and 5th in the ACC are not what triggers me.
Having said that i prefer NCAA. It's quite simple: Madden somehow doesn't excite me as much as NCAA does.

Over the past few years comparing both games i must say that my own personall conclusions are:
* In terms of gameplay i simply like ncaa better. It feels like each game is a new experience, while in madden after a while it all seems the same.
* in term of building a team imo franchise mode should be way more interesting then recruiting. Having said that, in reality i like recruiting a lot better compared to how franchise mode is set up. If Madden succeeds to get the gm part of NFL Head Coach incorporated in the game it would seriously change though.
* The diversity in ncaa is simply much better, although that isn't really maddens fault. Only playing teams once a season and 4x as many teams & stadiums create a ''new'' feeling each and every game.
* the diversity is increased even more with the wide range of playing styles. In Madden i feel that each team plays the same, just the % of passing vs running varies. In ncaa it varies way more with option running, power running, pro style, spread passing, air raid, the pistol ,etc. etc.

so yeah, i'm going for ncaa14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #36
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

usually just get madden, but this year picked up both. (since this is the last licensed ncaa football game). i have to admit, i like both. they have some legends and at least there is madden share this year. already found a good legends roster. rushing seems a bit easier too. ncaa 14 has alot to offer though. so many different teams, styles, uniforms, stadiums. the roster share is a plus. some pretty good rosters out there. found a good alumni one too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »