Home

Manually Controlling Safety to Stop the Run.

This is a discussion on Manually Controlling Safety to Stop the Run. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Manually Controlling Safety to Stop the Run.

So am a bit frustrated here. I like to think of myself as a sim player, running a similar type of offense as the Nebraska teams of the 90's. probably a 70-30 run pass ration with power runs, counters, and options. I am using charters heisman ratings based sliders, very slightly modified, which I love, and have GA Tech in my 3rd season.

So here's the problem....I am in an online dynasty with 3 of my best friends. They are all running spread offenses and putting up huge passing numbers while I pound away with my option attack. I have one friend in particular, that when we play he ALWAYS controls the safety and brings him up inside the box. As soon as I snap the ball he is pushing my line back and making contact with my blocking back. My RB is getting hit 1-2 yards behind the LOS and has to break a tackle for positive yardage. The problem is I know he Is doing this....audible to a quick pass, but because of the tremendous rush, I can't even complete my drop without getting hit half the time.

It is very frustrating, as I feel like it takes all strategy out of the game. I should be able to carve him up with Seam routes and posts but my TE's and WR's can't even finish their route before I get hit. It's crazy that I can't run this style offense with the right personnel, even when I properly mix run/pass.

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to conform to running spread like everyone else because the game is just too easy to exploit in this instance?

Last edited by awill25; 09-07-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Manually Controlling Safety to Stop the Run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill25
So am a bit frustrated here. I like to think of myself as a sim player, running a similar type of offense as the Nebraska teams of the 90's. probably a 70-30 run pass ration with power runs, counters, and options. I am using charters heisman ratings based sliders, very slightly modified, which I love, and have GA Tech in my 3rd season.

So here's the problem....I am in an online dynasty with 3 of my best friends. They are all running spread offenses and putting up huge passing numbers while I pound away with my option attack. I have one friend in particular, that when we play he ALWAYS controls the safety and brings him up inside the box. As soon as I snap the ball he is pushing my line back and making contact with my blocking back. My RB is getting hit 1-2 yards behind the LOS and has to break a tackle for positive yardage. The problem is I know he Is doing this....audible to a quick pass, but because of the tremendous rush, I can't even complete my drop without getting hit half the time.

It is very frustrating, as I feel like it takes all strategy out of the game. I should be able to carve him up with Seam routes and posts but my TE's and WR's can't even finish their route before I get hit. It's crazy that I can't run this style offense with the right personnel, even when I properly mix run/pass.

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to conform to running spread like everyone else because the game is just too easy to exploit in this instance?
I would run power O to the weak side of their defense with use the man in motion feature to move a RB or TE to block for you.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

If he's stacking the box with everyone including the safety, the best answer IMO is max protect - bomb it over the DB on the side the safety is coming from.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
If he's stacking the box with everyone including the safety, the best answer IMO is max protect - bomb it over the DB on the side the safety is coming from.
I love this idea, just can't get it to consistently be a threat. It's the damnedest thing!!! Literally as I am dropping back, I have to hit the icon I am going to throw to....probably 50% of my passes. No time to read anything at all. He also is one of those 5 wide scramble until someone is open guys. I have to spy like 2-3 guys to keep his QB in check!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Rookie

BigBlueInd's Arena

OVR: 0

So basically he doesn't know football at all.

Quote:
I love this idea, just can't get it to consistently be a threat. It's the damnedest thing!!! Literally as I am dropping back, I have to hit the icon I am going to throw to....probably 50% of my passes. No time to read anything at all. He also is one of those 5 wide scramble until someone is open guys. I have to spy like 2-3 guys to keep his QB in check!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueInd
So basically he doesn't know football at all.
What's weird is he def does! Just exploits the game. It's annoying. He's "that" friend.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Sounds fun.

Can I get an invite to this OD?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Sounds fun.

Can I get an invite to this OD?
If it wasn't for my best buddies I wouldn't be in it. But we are friends for reasons other than video games obviously. May need to look into getting into a new dynasty as well with straight sim guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »