Home

Momentum Swings?

This is a discussion on Momentum Swings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Momentum Swings?

I know I cant be the only one seeing these second half momentum swings in favor of the user. How many of you just randomly start breaking 30+ yard runs in the second half its just become very difficult to tweak sliders because the CPU basically gives up in the second half. (In b4 call time out lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Momentum Swings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I know I cant be the only one seeing these second half momentum swings in favor of the user. How many of you just randomly start breaking 30+ yard runs in the second half its just become very difficult to tweak sliders because the CPU basically gives up in the second half. (In b4 call time out lol)
You aren't supposed to be getting momentum swings with HFA off. I've played with it on and it used to do that, but then it did something far worse: it made it so that no matter what team you played, the game would be close. Anyways, I have never seen that with your sliders, just look at my game against USC and you will see. How many times has it happened to you? Once is okay, because I always say that halftime is the turning point of the game, but since it's you, it's probably happened multiple times. Also, what teams are you playing with and against? It may be the team you are using and/or facing.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm still waiting on Cparrish rosters So I'm using Default Rosters still

I have HFA OFF with my Personal Slider set used yours as a Base and From my Experience it depends on the Teams playing like I was playing play now(Where I'm testing Sliders)

I played Bama vs A&M earlier and Both teams made key momentum plays

I was Bama

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 09-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Banned

Yea I'm not even sure how to explain it, but for the most part it only effects the USER run game. Maybe its the games way of representing the CPU defense "opening up" but I am guaranteed in every game I play at least 1 30+ yard run in the second half.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Isn't that the goal of the running game? To thump on the defense and finally pop one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Yea I'm not even sure how to explain it, but for the most part it only effects the USER run game. Maybe its the games way of representing the CPU defense "opening up" but I am guaranteed in every game I play at least 1 30+ yard run in the second half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
Isn't that the goal of the running game? To thump on the defense and finally pop one?
But they've had half time to rest up

Last version I have is 2012 and my teams always got better second half when playing the computer
Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

To combat this, I increase/max the Sub Frequency in the coaching sliders. You will see better subs by the CPU (on offense and defense) as a result - thus less crazy momentum swings or feeling like you can't be stopped.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
To combat this, I increase/max the Sub Frequency in the coaching sliders. You will see better subs by the CPU (on offense and defense) as a result - thus less crazy momentum swings or feeling like you can't be stopped.
Do you increase it (by how much) or max it?
All coaches or only opponents that you play, changing back afterwards?
Just head coaches or coordinators too?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »