Home

NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #2 Available Now, Costs $1.00

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #2 Available Now, Costs $1.00 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #73
aka Messy Thrillz

$NevaBroke$'s Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Well, it did take man hours to make the updates outside of what shipped with the game, so shouldn't they get paid for extra work? Or would you rather just not have the updates at all? Because that's what it used to be like. You got what shipped with the game and that was it. There are 120+ teams in the game and there are probably tens of thousands of unique uniform visuals to go along with them. I just don't understand how many of you expect perfection from a (most likely small) group of people doing a monumental task like uniform mirroring. There ARE going to be mistakes and things left out. Perfection doesn't exist when humans are doing the work.
BA2929 Are you serious right now? Get paid for extra work? These items should have already been in the game but I understand updates and they should be free to us. We only pay over $60 for a game that has not been 100% complete out of the box since the 2007 version. I get that some uni's may be left out due to the deadline of completing the game but don't charge us for this later. This is a 2014 game and we now have to pay extra for what should already be "In the Game" in the first place? Let me let you in on a little secret: Most people buy this game because it's the only college football game out there and they want to see their favorite school/team with the exact same uni's and accessories they see on t.v., PERIOD. Why should we not expect perfection on uni mirroring and accessories for a game like this? According to EA "If It's In The Game, It's In The Game". EA, just back up what you advertise. I want to see everything in the game I see on Saturdays and I'm not the only one. Will we ever get it from EA? No, but I knew this years ago. Before the uni update buying madness EA started I was downloading alt uni's from fellow OS members who created and shared for free. I would say nothing if this game was $30 or $40 but give me a break. Any updates should be free for all of us who pay full retail price for this game. What the hell is the online pass for then? It just burns me that in a game that is in it's 2014 version and has a long track record still manages to screw us on the little things that should already be in the game. I have bought the EA NCAA Football series every year from the start. I have seen this game evolve. Over the years I have put up with the glitches, bugs, patches, broken plays, broken run game, broken o-line, broken d-line, broken coverage, rocket catches, superman linebackers, no refs on the field, crappy looking sidelines, 1-D looking fans in the stadiums. Now I deal with continuous misses on uni's and accessories, then be charged extra for bits and pieces? EA, really? "If It's In The Game, It's In The Game", really? Maybe for FIFA and NHL series but the NFL/college football series has been "Out Of The Game" as far as complete uni's, alt uni's and accessories...Paid for extra work, stop it!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #2 Available Now, Costs $1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
In fairness, UF doesn't have "new uni's". The only thing that has changed is the number font.

Should it be "in the game"? Yes. Is it a deal breaker? Most would say not.
Plus they look terrible. Who would want them in the game?
Old 09-12-2013, 03:37 AM   #75
Rookie

I'd love to throw in my complaint. San Diego State has had the previous year's uniforms for each of the past two years. I just want the correct uniforms. Please?

NCAA Football 13 had these:

Which were the uniforms from the previous season. Fast forward to NCAA Football 14, I finally get a uniform update! Of last season's old uniforms. Here is what is currently in the game.

SDSU got a whole new update this year, logos and uniforms. I could go on without the new logos but I would really love to finally play with the correct uniforms, which are these:

C'mon man. It isn't an updated font, new gloves, new helmets; its totally wrong uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

do you need xbox live gold to dl this?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #77
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I wonder when Louisville will get their Black jerseys

But Im guessing EA is waiting until they wear them this season

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 09-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Wow. A whole lot of griping for a $1.00 purchase of content that is not required to play the game. And you all wonder why the developers have no interaction with this "community"?
If a customer isn't satisfied, that should be all the more reasons to interact with them. If EA just wants to be patted on the back and told that lied to about the quality of their product, what does that say about their work ethic? You put out a quality product in the first place, you don't get as much griping. Simple as that.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #79
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Wow. A whole lot of griping for a $1.00 purchase of content that is not required to play the game. And you all wonder why the developers have no interaction with this "community"?
It's been EA's MO to hype something and then when it fails or they can't deliver as promised they hide behind the computer screen.

The way they hyped up the uniform store last year made it seem like they were going to be pumping out updates all season long. Not a few updates resembling a title update timeline. If I remember correctly they said they'd be updating uniforms that teams were consistently wearing for free throughout the season and that only specialty uniforms would cost money.

I guess, at least they said THIS year they can only release one free pack per season. But that begs to ask why they couldn't have said that (at least at some point) LAST year instead of building up our hopes. And if only one free pack why didn't they wait until late September/early October to release it so that potentially more teams could have been included?

If they can be on twitter hyping the game and features pre-release, why can't they be on twitter letting us know when a planned title update or uniform update is coming? I think that's all many are asking. We don't expect them to nail it down the exact date, but a general timeline and that they are working on fixing something that's broken or needs updated.

Last edited by mattynokes; 09-12-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #80
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Whew, I feel like less of an idiot now.

After purchasing the uniform pack#2 I browsed around the teams & only seemed to notice MiamiOH as having new jerseys. It seems that was entirely the case, I paid $0.80 for some gloves that you never even see. And it's not even gloves, it's glove PALMS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »