Home

Maybe this is a 'heisman' level thing....

This is a discussion on Maybe this is a 'heisman' level thing.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #1
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Maybe this is a \'heisman\' level thing....

But does anyone else have some serious bad luck or difficulty getting defensive fumble recoveries?

This past season I had some really satisfying (balanced) defensive numbers where my team gave up 173 passing yards/game (ranked 12th) and 114 rushing yards/game (ranked 15th) ... for some reason the CPU was actually trying to run as much as pass!

With all that rushing though, first of all we only caused about 10 fumbles in 14 games, and second, we recovered NONE of them! The number 7 ranked defense in the nation finishes ranked 117th in fumble recoveries. As good as my guys are, they just never seem to get on that loose ball...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Maybe this is a \'heisman\' level thing....

I was just noticing this myself the other day. I play on All-American though, but my team has serious problems picking up loose balls. Seems like no matter how many guys I go after it with, they all miss and the other team scoops it up. Pretty frustrating.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've had some small droughts trying to recover defensive fumbles on AA. Other team would have 3 or 4 fumbles in a game without a defensive recovery.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just dive on the ball guys.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:10 AM   #5
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

not a heisman thing, I guess. I just leave my CPU controlled guys to dive on it because I usually don't trust my dives. But they usually seem to have very poor awareness compared to the opposing offensive players. A couple of times I had a couple of guys just stumbling around where the loose ball was at their feet and an offensive player just dove in and got it. To be honest, I don't think I could manually react fast enough to the fumbles.... but when I see it happening (or watch replay), I find myself wondering why the offense got it back, because my guys sometimes do have great position to react and get on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

I play on Heisman and I have the same problem. I get so mad when it happens. The CPU will fumble and I'll have three guys around the ball and they'll have one and their one guy always recovers it. When my guys reach down to pick it up they always bobble the ball and the CPU ends up recovering it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »