Home

Getting the CPU to run more

This is a discussion on Getting the CPU to run more within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Getting the CPU to run more

I know this has been posted before but I just want to check that i'm correct. I'm starting a dynasty and want the cpu to run on me more. I've set my defence in the coach profile to 80% pass defence and 20% run. Is thgis correct or should I be doing something else ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2004, 05:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Getting the CPU to run more

That might work dunno but i think its better to go to AI and set CPU running ability to 20 or max then Run Block to 18!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:37 PM   #3
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Getting the CPU to run more

I don't know what I have mine set at, but I know I have my defense on pass more than run.... but I set it like that hoping it would help me have more DB's interested in recruiting. For my first 3 years I never had any decent CB's interested... not even just 2-star guys with any kind of speed!

I used sliders to try and help the CPU running. 19 on both running and run block, on heisman. Plus 8 for my awareness. And I did actually raise my own break block and tackling to 12. But it works decent.
Sometimes though, I get burned by a FULLBACK with some sub-75 speed rating, and my 85-speed DB's can't catch him. And if they do, he just sheds them and continues to burn. But I'll deal with that though... the CPU needs that kind of advantage.

Another suggestion that seems like it would work was to make a coach for your next opponent and then set the team's offensive coaching sliders to run more. But it has some playbook side-effects that I don't remember, and I don't feel like going through the trouble of fiddling with all my opponents' settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »