Home

Just popped in ncaa '11

This is a discussion on Just popped in ncaa '11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just popped in ncaa '11

And holy crap this game is absolutely gorgeous compared to '14. Better color palette, crisper stadiums, no jaggies, realistic colored grass. Gameplay is solid as well. Can't believe '14 looks so ugly and cartoonish compared to '11, this is on ps3 btw. Game as a whole overall seems so much more polished. i.e. menus move crisper with no lag. Really don't know why the series has deteriorated it is almost like ea just mailed it in, '11 was so promising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Just popped in ncaa '11

"cartoonish" thats a very accurate observation/description
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunless
And holy crap this game is absolutely gorgeous compared to '14. Better color palette, crisper stadiums, no jaggies, realistic colored grass. Gameplay is solid as well. Can't believe '14 looks so ugly and cartoonish compared to '11, this is on ps3 btw. Game as a whole overall seems so much more polished. i.e. menus move crisper with no lag. Really don't know why the series has deteriorated it is almost like ea just mailed it in, '11 was so promising.
LoL you must be joking, 11 doesn't compare at all to 14. It would be better served to say in ur opinion instead of holding things as facts, u might convince someone to get 11 instead of 14.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I think this is valid but the bold emphasis should be on "this is on ps3." NCAA 11 was the last one this generation thst looked identical to the 360 version, 12 and 13 were both uglier and jaggier on the ps3. Didn't test ncaa14 on ps3 so I can't attest to how it looked this year.

360 version just doesn't have the same issue.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
LoL you must be joking, 11 doesn't compare at all to 14. It would be better served to say in ur opinion instead of holding things as facts, u might convince someone to get 11 instead of 14.
I would agree with XxJustAguessxX here, I call nostalgia B.S. on this one. I remember '11, and I saw so many more framerate issues (not to mention freezing) than I've seen on '14 to date, despite '14 having many more in-game graphical elements (stat overlays, etc.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing '11, it was a good game, but I don't think it's nearly as good comparatively as the rose-colored glasses make you think it is. '14 is the best edition on this generation IMO, although it's too bad it took EA this long to get here.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Rookie

vhhsfu0509's Arena

OVR: 1

These threads are a waste of time. It would be great if the mods would start closing them.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhhsfu0509
These threads are a waste of time. It would be great if the mods would start closing them.
or maybe we should just have an impressions thread for every NCAA game lol

NCAA14 Impressions
NCAA13 Impressions
NCAA12 Impressions
NCAA11 Impressions

etc
Old 09-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

The graphics are not better. I admit, this game has graphics that are to bright, but the details look bad in NCAA 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »