Home

NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #4 Now Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #4 Now Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #65
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #4 Now Available

I'll probably post this in every Uniform Pack Release thread, but.........Still holding out hope for the new Kansas set up.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #66
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
I'm aware. However, it's EA's decision how much they include in said DLC. Hence, why they said they were trying to "fit as much in the free DLC pack" as possible.
Which they did (something like 20 teams if I remember correctly) and yet people still complain about the rest. They crammed a bunch of stuff into an update for which they didn't charge and then, due to first-party restrictions, they put out smaller packs for cheap per pack. If I remember last year's packs correctly they were priced based off the number of teams in a pack regardless of the content that the pack contained. Most were more than $1 as well, IIRC. I'm betting that the reason they're putting these out in smaller increments is to keep up with the communities wish for much more frequent updates rather than trying to nickle and dime the end-user.

Long and the short of my point here is this: stop complaining about them not doing what you think they should do. Be grateful for what you're getting and stop looking this gift-horse in the mouth! At least updates are coming, even if they aren't complete uniforms every single time.

Plus it's not like they're forcing you to buy these extras they are still putting out while trying to plan for and develop the next-generation of College Football games. If you don't like it for some reason, then don't buy the darned thing.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #67
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
Which they did (something like 20 teams if I remember correctly) and yet people still complain about the rest. They crammed a bunch of stuff into an update for which they didn't charge and then, due to first-party restrictions, they put out smaller packs for cheap per pack. If I remember last year's packs correctly they were priced based off the number of teams in a pack regardless of the content that the pack contained. Most were more than $1 as well, IIRC. I'm betting that the reason they're putting these out in smaller increments is to keep up with the communities wish for much more frequent updates rather than trying to nickle and dime the end-user.

Long and the short of my point here is this: stop complaining about them not doing what you think they should do. Be grateful for what you're getting and stop looking this gift-horse in the mouth! At least updates are coming, even if they aren't complete uniforms every single time.

Plus it's not like they're forcing you to buy these extras they are still putting out while trying to plan for and develop the next-generation of College Football games. If you don't like it for some reason, then don't buy the darned thing.
Oh for the love of...

I've already on three separate occasions stated that I'm grateful for what they're doing. I've already said I think it's awesome that they're releasing the packages as quickly as they are. I've already said I love that they listened to the fans and made it a much more consistent process. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement and as I have purchased the product, I'm allowed to voice what improvements I think should be made. I'm not telling you or anyone else that the game is crap. I'm not telling people not to buy it because it's not accurate. I'm simply stating, as I have the right to do, that the packages they're releasing are lackluster. If you're satisfied with the packs, great! I'm happy for you. But simply because you think getting a few gloves a week is fine, doesn't mean everybody else has to think it's the holy grail of DLC.

And you're absolutely right, they didn't charge for the first DLC. But we both know somewhere inside that they did it to appease the thousands of gamers that were irritated that there teams weren't accurately represented. I'm guessing by your take on this matter that your team isn't one of those that is outdated or misrepresented. Most people buy this game to play as the team they're affiliated with. It's not THAT much to ask that their team be accurate. And as I've said more than once now, nobody is really complaining about those teams who had their uniform sets revealed weeks prior to the game's release. People are complaining about teams whose uniforms were revealed months to a year ago. Those people have a right to complain that they're purchasing a product that is marketing material inaccurately.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Be grateful for what? You do know that EA is asking us to pay for these uni packs, right?

Some of us think that EA's decision to sell trivial stuff like gloves while multiple schools still have incorrect base uni's is both a tad insulting and a wasted opportunity on EA's part.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

You shouldn't be grateful for stuff thats supposed to be in the game
Old 09-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #70
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Be grateful for what? You do know that EA is asking us to pay for these uni packs, right?
You do know that EA isn't the one asking for payment, right? I could try and explain this further, but you (and others) seem to continually fail to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Some of us think that EA's decision to sell trivial stuff like gloves while multiple schools still have incorrect base uni's is both a tad insulting and a wasted opportunity on EA's part.
Two years ago:
"Come on EA, you can't even give us uniform updates? Jeez, EA!"

Last year:
"I'm insulted that you only put out three uniform packs! I had to wait WEEKS between updates! And this pricing is abhorrent!"

This year:
"I'm insulted that you chose to put out this completely optional item and that you then were forced to assign a cost to this optional item. It came out too soon since it doesn't have everything I think it should!"

Next year:
"Why are you releasing all these uniforms?! I can't even customize my coaches headset!!!1"

Old 09-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 3

For pack #5, maybe we get some shoelaces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #72
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

The only way this pack is acceptable to put out is if they are currently working on another huge pack with actual uniform parts to address the out of date default uniforms.

As for the gift horse comment, we're paying for these which negates that proverb from being applicable, if we're going to be putting down money (no matter how cheap it is), then we absolutely should take a close, and scrutinizing look at what we are purchasing.

Our main complaint is that we don't really care about gloves, they are a nice addition, but should be the last thing on EA's mind when it comes to updating uniforms. I have no idea what their process for this is, but if they are spending any significant amount of time getting gloves into the game then they are doing it wrong. The department in charge of updating uniforms should be putting all their focus on updating default uniforms before focusing on gloves (if gloves are super easy to update that's one thing, but if they take effort that could be applied to jerseys, pants, and helmets then they should take the back seat in these updates).

There are glaring examples of issues with uniforms in this game (VT is in Year 2 of 2 sets of TV numbers on their Orange jerseys, Rice has 2 sets of TV numbers on their uniforms, which is odd because they have no TV numbers in real life, Arkansas State's Red Alternates have 3 TV numbers (2 on the sleeve, 1 on one shoulder), when those jerseys don't have TV numbers). How are these errors not being addressed? They screwed these up when they shipped the game (and in VT's case had an entire year to fix it, but didn't), these should have been addressed in the free pack, or at the very least one of the following 3 packs. Instead we get gloves for teams whose uniforms are out of date, as well as Bowl helmets (stuff worn in December, well before the mid-April cutoff date).

We're happy about the more frequent updates, however we still have a right to complain about their contents. And considering last year we only got 1 update for teams not supplied by Adidas or Under Armor, we had plenty of reason to complain, and 2 or 3 weeks in between releases would still be infinitely better than the rate it was last year.

Our problem last year was frequency AND content (only Adidas until December when 2 Under Armor packs came out), to say that EA is doing the right thing by addressing only one of those, and thus is immune to criticism is ludicrous.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »