Home

EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

This is a discussion on EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #49
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: BREAKING: EA Sports will NOT publish an NCAA College Football game next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Honestly, the only ones who DIDN'T see this coming were those were just holding out hope that this wouldn't actually happen. Common sense told you this was coming. You don't just start losing the backing of the NCAA and conferences and schools and not expect everything else to spiral from there.
Don't tell me, man, tell the people who said nothing to worry about when there clearly was. I only bring it up because I was concerned back then and I felt my posts, explaining those concerns, were kinda of hotly rebuked.

I agree, there were bad signs for a while.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: BREAKING: EA Sports will NOT publish an NCAA College Football game next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
I have had every single NCAA Football game from EA Sports starting with Bill Walsh`s College Football when I got it from Christmas for my Genesis.
Same here man. Same here. Great memories on the Genesis.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #51
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Not a surprise at all...saves me $60 a year and will not make me want to buy a PS4 anytime soon. This was the last video game I purchased so really the end of an era. Wonder how long they will keep the online servers up - and really surprised they are still offering these uniform packs.

Roster makers just got a huge business. I agree with the other poster as I will finally now play dynasty mode longer than a season (really get to dive into the game fully long term).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 5

I am stunned, as an outsider looking in, it just seems that there would be lots of ways to counter a lot of the pending issues the game was going to have... but clearly there either are not as many easy workarounds as I would have guessed or EA just decided it isn't worth the hassle.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: BREAKING: EA Sports Will NOT Publish an NCAA College Football Game Next Year

really gonna miss this game,i always looked forward to july and release of this game. I would by this, madden in august , and nhl in sept.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

This was sadly inevitable. Once conferences and teams began pulling out, it became apparent that College Football 15 was likely to die in utero.

I know a lot of people have asked, "Why not just make an unlicensed game like Bill Walsh College Football?" I loved Bill Walsh, have great memories playing it with my dad as a young pup, but the truth is that we demand a lot more out of our games in 2013 than we did in 1993. We want to play with our real teams with their real logos and real players in real stadiums and real bowl games. Fair or unfair, a game like Bill Walsh with an updated game engine and graphics would be roundly rejected today. Games have simply evolved too much.

It's an end of an era and a sad day for those of us who have been playing the series since its infancy, but I'm actually somewhat relieved by this announcement. It would have been a little sad to have seen a game that was, by brunt of circumstance, a shell of what it used to be. Perhaps it's fitting that the game is going out on a relative high note, if not on its own terms.

Last edited by FalconCrest; 09-26-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #55
Rookie

TrippyBeaver's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

I'm actually upset.

Like Megan Fox dropping out of Transformers upset. Fml.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #56
Rookie

spread4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

Roster/ rating makers gonna make some cash now

Supply and demand

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »