Home

EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

This is a discussion on EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

Sad to see no college football coming out next year on the new consoles. Maybe this will prompt EA to get back into baseball. Stinks we keep losing sports game franchises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spread4
Roster/ rating makers gonna make some cash now

Supply and demand
Or you could simply come to Operation Sports for free rosters and ratings.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #58
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

OD's are a ticking time bomb now. Maybe next July, maybe in 2015, but one day I'll try to fire up my OD and it'll be gone.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #59
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: BREAKING: EA Sports will NOT publish an NCAA College Football game next year

lol saw this coming months ago with conferences backing out
Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #60
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I can't say I'm exactly surprised nor am I really disappointed. I purchased the NCAA game a few times over the years but it never was something that I wanted year in and year out. Hopefully the result of this will be either a new Baseball game or an Improved Madden. I will take either.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #61
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

https://twitter.com/jonsol/status/383336283507916800

jonsol: EA and CLC file court papers saying they've settled all claims with players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #62
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
It looks as if this is part of a settlement between EA/CLC and the O'Bannon suit. Wouldn't doubt if canceling the series was part of the terms or if it was a direct result of a huge monetary settlement.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #63
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, this sucks. The sadder part for me is that, in large part, this means the end of college sports video games.

We'll see how it all unfolds. It could be that once this case is settled, someone takes another shot at it. The game makes a lot of money, so it will at least be in the back of other publisher's minds.

In a way, it's relieving to hear. Sort of like putting your dog down after fifteen solid years. It may have just been time to put this series away until someone is ready to start it up again.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 09-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #64
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Oddly, I would have assumed that a settlement would have been good for the continuation of the series. Now that it's been settled, and EA is STILL not going to make a game... That's just bad news all around.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »