Home

slide protection

This is a discussion on slide protection within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: slide protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
I was in practice mode using it against diferent defenses. I used passing place and a couple roll out plays.
Use it this way in a play now game. If you run a stretch play to the left, slow your line left. When I see 4 down Dline men and I have a TE lined up on the line I keep them in to block If it is a passing play and set my line to aggressive(pressing up). If I have any run that is not a stretch or a Delay I pinch my line. If it is a delay I set them to aggressive. If their is 4 d lineman and I see a sixth D man I slide my line in his direction. If I do not have a TE on the line I leave my protection the way it is and get the ball out as quick as I can. This is how I use it.

Quick note I forgot. I do not always slide left and right on stretch plays. I still sometimes pinch the line.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
Use it this way in a play now game. If you run a stretch play to the left, slow your line left. When I see 4 down Dline men and I have a TE lined up on the line I keep them in to block If it is a passing play and set my line to aggressive(pressing up). If I have any run that is not a stretch or a Delay I pinch my line. If it is a delay I set them to aggressive. If their is 4 d lineman and I see a sixth D man I slide my line in his direction. If I do not have a TE on the line I leave my protection the way it is and get the ball out as quick as I can. This is how I use it.

Quick note I forgot. I do not always slide left and right on stretch plays. I still sometimes pinch the line.
Thanks ill try these out the next time i play.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
Rookie

wutangfourever's Arena

I slide to have coverage on the line where the defense appears to be attacking and try to run a play away from that direction, ie inside linebackers showing blitz up middle I pinch to slow them coming through line and run a play away from that mess.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #12
Rookie

As mentioned, sliding protection left or right helps on stretch plays, but I have also found recently that it works great on counter plays, where you slide the line in the direction of the counter. Previously, I thought counters were useless because the line never seemed to block, but since I've been sliding the protection in that direction, I've found counters to work beautifully (even out of the shotgun).

Quote:
I've never seen this idea before. Definitely gonna check it out.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
Rookie

It seems to hurt more than help most of the time.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbvxnnczhuang
It seems to hurt more than help most of the time.
Yeah, I would agree with you.

On a separate issue in slide protection, what do you guys do for protection on play action. I've tried a variety of different protections, and the only consistent protection I've gotten is by sliding left or right on bootlegs. Any other PAs I run, regardless of the type of protection (or standing pat), there doesn't seem to be any affect on the defense.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #15
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Ok here's my take on it and this is from ncaa11 since that is all I play nowadays. I don't understand why yall think slide protection is for running plays. It is for passing only imo. They never even move the direction you want them to slide on run plays but they take off hard on passes. They only block the direction the run is going to so don't confuse it with the slide protection even if you call it. It's always been like that even when I played 12 and 13 for a short time.

I started using slide protection to help with my PA passes and it changed the game. The cpu comes out in a defensive line shift a lot so i shift towards the uneven side. Most times it picks every one up even for a second or two to give me time. Changed the PA problem on NCAA11 for me and this was the game that everyone said PA was broken. Don
t get me wrong, the PA pass plays still get blown up from time to time but what PA works all the time. I've found a great balance. It works on regular pass plays too but I find that it sometimes leaves someone free to kill me so I sparingly use it in those situations. But on PA plays I pinch and slide left and right with great success based on how the defensive line lines up. I too used to be one of those people that thought it hurt more than it helped but why would it be in the game if it wasn't useful at all. So dont give up on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
Rookie

GtheQB128's Arena

Slide protection is really meant for the passing game, but Ive found that it only helps with running stretch run plays. Slide the oline to what ever direction your stretch play is going, then be patient with your back and then make a quick cut. It is actually very effective

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »