Home

Sub Glitch Affects Multiple Positions

This is a discussion on Sub Glitch Affects Multiple Positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sub Glitch Affects Multiple Positions

I have noticed others complain about the sub glitch where their #1 back would be taken out for the entire 4th. This was happening to me as well. Along with this, my impact star WR had it happen to him for an entire half! I have played with auto sub settings a ton, nothing seems to work. I do try to run an Oregon/Baylor style offense, but come on. I need my studs in there in the 4th quarter. Is it fair to say this is indeed a glitch/problem in the game? Also, can I get some feedback on if there is any solution?

Last edited by awill25; 10-07-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Sub Glitch Affects Multiple Positions

I've never ran the no-huddle every single play before, but I assume if that is what you want to do on offense there probably isn't a way around it.

I mean, have you tried setting your auto-subs to the lowest they can go? Or at least really really low so the default level to get subbed back in is something your tired players will be able to achieve in the fourth quarter.

I don't think EA planned ahead for guys stamina disappearing below the sub-in level when they programmed the hurry up offenses.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

a good friend of mine keeps having these issues as well. We are talking about MLB at TEs type weirdness.

I have been looking for a solution online for a week, but haven't found any. we've turned down his subs to the minimal level so they won't sub out at all and he doesn't run ANY type of hurry up offense.

They seem to leave the game after the 1st and coming out of the half the player do not return, so i dont believe it has anything to do with stamina.

but it is only happening to him, and its happened over the last couple games too.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Best thing to so is use formation subs. Take one formation and sub out all the back-ups. After you've ran 3-4 plays use the formation with the sub package for a play or two and then go back to a formation where all the starters are. I try to form sub a lot of receivers in all the formations just to give them a break and to have a nice receiver rotation. that's about the best fix for something like this.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I've never ran the no-huddle every single play before, but I assume if that is what you want to do on offense there probably isn't a way around it.

I mean, have you tried setting your auto-subs to the lowest they can go? Or at least really really low so the default level to get subbed back in is something your tired players will be able to achieve in the fourth quarter.

I don't think EA planned ahead for guys stamina disappearing below the sub-in level when they programmed the hurry up offenses.
I have tried a bunch of different auto subs. Most of them have to do with turning the setting very low to keep the guys in even when they are tired. I guess maybe I should try to keep it higher where he would get spelled early in the game and maybe stay fresh longer? I don't know, but it is a bit frustrating to not be able to sub them back in at all. Especially considering you can play an injured player but not a "tired"
player!

This is the first time I have ever tried a no-huddle hurry up offense. Usually I like to run an option offense mixed with power run and counters. I just wanted to switch it up a bit for once. It is unfortunate, but I guess it is what it is at this point; unless someone has a fix for it that I am unaware of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Best thing to so is use formation subs. Take one formation and sub out all the back-ups. After you've ran 3-4 plays use the formation with the sub package for a play or two and then go back to a formation where all the starters are. I try to form sub a lot of receivers in all the formations just to give them a break and to have a nice receiver rotation. that's about the best fix for something like this.
i guess the part i don't understand is that, he's playing with a 95-97 USC with plenty of depth, and doesn't run any hurry up. It's not a sub issue because of stamina when a 3rd string MLB becomes the permanent TE for the entire 2nd and 3rd quarter, and its not just one position. The entire team gets mis-matched and if you go into formation subs it says 50/50 but the players are all out of wack and you cannot force sub them out.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have all my auto subs set at the OL default. I manually spell every position when they're light green or yellow or after a big play, except OLs and DBs. It's tedious but I don't like formation subs where a certain back doesn't run out of a formation or my go-to WR isn't involved in certain route combinations. I also don't know how they affect sub packages. If I formation sub my 3rd HB in Pistol slot flex formation, who becomes the spell HB for it, 1st or 2nd?

I don't know what's going on with Xavier's situation though. Never heard of it happenig except when auto sub-in is too high, like your tyring to get subs more often. If that's not the case, who knows.

Be cool.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

a good friend of mine keeps having these issues as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »