Home

New to RTG - Coach Trust makes Heisman kinda pointless

This is a discussion on New to RTG - Coach Trust makes Heisman kinda pointless within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New to RTG - Coach Trust makes Heisman kinda pointless

I've always been a Dynasty player, but I thought I would give RTG a shot this year, since I haven't played it in years and years.

It's kind of a shame there will be no new games, because the core seems interesting, but it's kind of broken in the Coach Trust nonsense.

I play Heisman, I enjoy the challenge but I can still overcome it. But the Coach Trust ratings on Heisman are absurd. I can see losing 100+ for an interception, but taking a five yard sack will lose me 26 points for the sack and 15 points for the yards lost. Which is exceedingly annoying when I get sacked before I can even drop back because my guard just missed a block.

I decided to actually jot down the result of every play for two practices to see what my numbers actually look like, and the Coach Trust result of those plays.

In two practices, my QB's numbers: 31-44, 312 yards, 0 TD*, 1 INT. 6 rushes, 42 yards, 2 sacks.

*It's hard to rack up TD's when you always start at the 35, but QB's usually rack up a TD for every 100-150 yards they throw, depending on the type of offense, so conservatively we'll say there are 2 TD's in there.

But yet, the 100+ points I lost for that INT, and the 83 points I lost for 2 sacks have left me with no Coach Trust to show for it.

In one fun stretch, I went 6 of 7, for 74 yds and 4 first downs, then got taken down by a sack for a 6 yard loss while trying to roll out of pressure and everything I did on that 6-7 run was negated. If your QB marches down the field for 74 yards in 7 plays, then gets dropped for a sack, is the coach really gonna think "maybe he's no good."

I especially love losing points for my HB getting gobbled up in broken screen plays. As though the QB has anything to do with that.

I don't mind not starting as a freshman, but I just suspect that this issue is going to become a serious issue as I continue to play.

The good news is that playing games is a breeze when all you're doing is holding kicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »