Home

What's the deal with Swatting/intercepting!?

This is a discussion on What's the deal with Swatting/intercepting!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's the deal with Swatting/intercepting!?

Defense is reduculously hard when you can't user pick or user swat anything. I just don't understand. I play 90% ranked online matches (too 200 presently) and the most frustrating thing is playing guys who are eating me up through the air ONLY because my guys do absolutely NOTHING when I user control and pick/swat. It's like one not even pressing the dang button. I have zero trouble user catching but on the defensive side my guys make no swat/intercept animation 80% of the time. Nothing is more frustrating then predicting a route, user controlling and being in perfect position, pressing Y/Triangle, and having the ball go right over your players head into the wide outs gentle arms for a 60 yard touchdown. It happens what feels like 15-20 times a game EVERY game.

Am I missing something here? Or does this game need a serious patch. Maybe it's just an online issue cause I never play defense in my offline dynasties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Re: What's the deal with Swatting/intercepting!?

It's been an issue since the game came out. Some people say that penalty/difficulty sliders might have an affect on this, but nothing's been proven.

Do a search of "DB Glitch" and you'll find a ton of threads on the issue.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
Defense is reduculously hard when you can't user pick or user swat anything. I just don't understand. I play 90% ranked online matches (too 200 presently) and the most frustrating thing is playing guys who are eating me up through the air ONLY because my guys do absolutely NOTHING when I user control and pick/swat. It's like one not even pressing the dang button. I have zero trouble user catching but on the defensive side my guys make no swat/intercept animation 80% of the time. Nothing is more frustrating then predicting a route, user controlling and being in perfect position, pressing Y/Triangle, and having the ball go right over your players head into the wide outs gentle arms for a 60 yard touchdown. It happens what feels like 15-20 times a game EVERY game.

Am I missing something here? Or does this game need a serious patch. Maybe it's just an online issue cause I never play defense in my offline dynasties.
Are you using ball hawk (holding down Y) or just trying to user pick (tapping Y). I have no issues using ball hawk.

If you're tapping Y I'd bet dollars to donuts that while you think tapping Y is user picking for you, what you're doing instead is beginning and then immediately stopping ball hawk (which is why your guy stops).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Are you using ball hawk (holding down Y) or just trying to user pick (tapping Y). I have no issues using ball hawk.

If you're tapping Y I'd bet dollars to donuts that while you think tapping Y is user picking for you, what you're doing instead is beginning and then immediately stopping ball hawk (which is why your guy stops).
The thing with that is I shouldn't have to go for the pick every time. Why have a swat button when it's basically useless?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
Rookie

wutangfourever's Arena

I have this issue all the time in my offline dynasties on balls that appear to be an easy pick the defender makes absolutely no attempt to make a play on the ball, sometimes they make a little stutter step and blow any any chance of making a play on the receiver. It's beyond frustrating offline and it's been a key thing to keep me from online games.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
Rookie

The thing with that is I shouldn't have to go for the pick every time
Old 10-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

HOLD Y (Triangle) for an Interception
HOLD LB (L1) for a Swat

You can start holding the button as soon as the ball is in the air and you are controlling the defender you want to make a play on the ball.

If your player isn't in good enough position for the type of pass defense you want to happen (Int or Swat) then they won't do anything.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
Just started!

It's been an issue since the game came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »