Home

Breaking down WR attributes

This is a discussion on Breaking down WR attributes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Breaking down WR attributes

Any thoughts on what attributes go well with which type of WR's?

What attributes matter to a slot WR like Welker, a deep threat, a possession WR, etc?

I would imagine good slot WR's need high route running and acc, deep threats need a good spedcatuar catchy or catch in traffic and speed, and possession wr's need high catching?

Any thoughs on the breakdown, or is it as simple as overall ratings with WR's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Breaking down WR attributes

Here's how I see it (and some examples of the cards I use in ultimate team)

slot receivers should have 90+ speed, 90+ agility and 85+ catch in traffic so they can get open as they cut and catch the ball even if they're blanketed. For example someone like Ike Hilliard is a pure slot receiever because of his 90 speed, 95 catch in traffic, 88 agility. Another good one would be Bobby Engram with his 94 speed, 91 agility, and 88 catch in traffic

for deep threats I like to use either speedy receivers that have good speed and acc or tall receivers with good release that can get jump balls. Good example for a speedy receiver would be Ted Ginn with his 99 speed and 98 acceleration which means he'll pretty much beat most corners deep when in man. On the other hand I also like to use Calvin Johnson outside because he has decent speed (93) and his height (6'5) is often a mismatch for small corners.

As for possession receivers, I'm not sure because I don't really incorporate them in my offense.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

My WR1 is my deep threat, I just go for speed/size primarily
My WR2 is my possession guy, my Anquan Boldin type. These guys can be VERY effective in this game especially if you run a real offense and aren't just throwing streaks all the time. Fades around the goal line can be deadly. I look for all the "receiving stats," catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, route running, that stuff. Any sort of speed/agility/acceleration is just bonus
My WR3 (slot guy) is a guy I try to get a lot of acceleration/route running/catching for primarily.

I ignore OVR ratings and just go with these guidelines for my offense.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
My WR2 is my possession guy, my Anquan Boldin type. These guys can be VERY effective in this game especially if you run a real offense and aren't just throwing streaks all the time. Fades around the goal line can be deadly. I look for all the "receiving stats," catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, route running, that stuff. Any sort of speed/agility/acceleration is just bonus.
How do you use these guys in your offense? I feel like speed/acc/agility is such a huge factor into getting your guys open especially in man to man situations, and often times even if you have receivers with 90+ ratings in all of their receiving stats as long as a corner is running with him stride for stride the receiver almost always never wins the battle. Do you use them strictly with out routes, post corners, sticks and comebacks (and other man beaters)?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
Pro

Interesting, I would have always thought Agility is meaningless with wr's. When I recruit I don't ever pay attention to agility with WR's anyways. I am going to have to take a look at that.

I would have always thought ACC was huge in Wr's because it would allow them to get separation, even if it's just for a few steps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Interesting, I would have always thought Agility is meaningless with wr's. When I recruit I don't ever pay attention to agility with WR's anyways. I am going to have to take a look at that.

I would have always thought ACC was huge in Wr's because it would allow them to get separation, even if it's just for a few steps.
If my memory serves me correctly a high agility rating helps with cuts and getting separation
Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
Pro

Agility deals with separation in and out of cuts huh. I will have to take a look at that.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #8
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madball
If my memory serves me correctly a high agility rating helps with cuts and getting separation
Route running is the most important attribute for a wr besides catching. It determines the chances of your wr getting separation. This is why a slow possession wr/TE can be almost impossible to cover if they have a very high RTE.

In my offense I like to have:
A) Speedster WR - Important attributes (Spd) His job is to catch screens and/or stretch the field deep to keep safeties over the top and out of the box.

B)Welker type. Important attributes (RTE, CTH, CIT) Slot wr is near impossible to cover by safeties and 3rd string Cbs. I use him for slants, whip outs, corners, posts, ins and drags. Usually gets seperation because of his high RTE.

C) Possession. Important attributes (CTH, CIT, SPC, JMP) This guy I like to use in the redzone. Usually he is 6'3+ With his high SPC(unlocks different catch animations the higher the #) and JMP I throw the ball up and let him jump over smaller CBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »