Home

How Ridiculous It Is ...

This is a discussion on How Ridiculous It Is ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: How Ridiculous It Is ...

Yeah the thing with penalties is that you just have to ignore the call and accept the result. It's not uncommon with my settings for the CPU to get 4-5 roughing the passer penalties per game, for instance, so I just chalk them up to various defensive penalties (defensive holding, pass interference, late hit out of bounds, etc.). Same with clipping calls on offense. So long as you're getting a good number of penalties for each team, the name and cause of the penalty is fairly meaningless.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Yeah the thing with penalties is that you just have to ignore the call and accept the result. It's not uncommon with my settings for the CPU to get 4-5 roughing the passer penalties per game, for instance, so I just chalk them up to various defensive penalties (defensive holding, pass interference, late hit out of bounds, etc.). Same with clipping calls on offense. So long as you're getting a good number of penalties for each team, the name and cause of the penalty is fairly meaningless.
This.

With the right settings you can get some holdings, false starts and offsides, but you can also get WAY too many clippings, roughing the passers, and face masks.

I have those turned up slightly too high to compensate for the lack of other penalties.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #11
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

I play on straight varsity level where players tend to make more mistakes in regards to penalties.

I think the higher difficulty levels tend to wipe out penalties. On varsity level with modified sliders I'm using that someone created I see about 4-6 penalties per game by the CPU and my team.

In fact I don't even play with HFA ON because the CPU tends to make way too many mistakes on the road with penalties.
Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
... That no matter how you punt it, the ball always bounces about 10yds back from where it lands.

...You can't get a realistic number of plays or realistic clock management when running 15 min quarters.

...There are basically no offensive penalties called, no PI penalties, no offsides etc.

...There are no offset penalties.

...We have about 45 slider/penalty settings, and only a half dozen actually do anything close to what they say they do; several are completely broken.

...There are never any bad snaps.

...The CPU will never block a punt or FG.

...It is near impossible to have a KO return stopped inside the 15.

...You can't have realistic passing numbers without crazy numbers of sacks and/or interceptions.

The list goes on. It is hard to believe how incredibly flawed and unrealistic (and therefore unenjoyable) this series has become, particularly considering the processing power and memory available today. I'm certainly not suggesting I'm happy NCAA is dead, but perhaps I may not miss it nearly as much as I might have. Certainly, I regret the demise of what might have been much more than what actually was.
I agree with some of what you say, like it is rather frustrating on how the ball bounces when it hits the turf on punts. In years past you could deaden the ball simply by kicking it high. Now, not so much.

As for some other things I do have to disagree with the lack of offensive penalties. Maybe the variance is a bit of an issue but slider adjustment does help. They other day I actually got called for illegal touching on offense. Couldn't believe it. One time I was happy to see a penalty called against me..

The last two on your list I also disagree. Mainly the passing. You can get realistic numbers without sacks and picks. Slider adjusting helps this.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
I agree with some of what you say, like it is rather frustrating on how the ball bounces when it hits the turf on punts. In years past you could deaden the ball simply by kicking it high. Now, not so much.

As for some other things I do have to disagree with the lack of offensive penalties. Maybe the variance is a bit of an issue but slider adjustment does help. They other day I actually got called for illegal touching on offense. Couldn't believe it. One time I was happy to see a penalty called against me..

The last two on your list I also disagree. Mainly the passing. You can get realistic numbers without sacks and picks. Slider adjusting helps this.
I have to agree with what he said regarding the passing game, if u have a fix do u mind sharing? I am about ready to shelve the game.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury

We'll, I'd be happy to know what slider settings and penalty settings you are using to get realistic passing numbers and penalties.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #15
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
I started using a modified slider set, and I'm finally getting facemask and clipping penalties regularly (combined 6-8 per game). It's not holding, but I figure it has the same effect.
What settings/sliders are you using? I can get fairly regular face mask penalties, but not much else, and my team has never received more than 3 per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1

Was trying to make my own slider set yesterday, started out with OPI/DPI/KR PR Interference all at 100 and saw a Defensive PI. I can't remember which side of the ball I was on because I played so many games, but I was on Heisman offense/defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »