Home

Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

All of the past games I have had to make it to where the cpu basically cheats to have a chance of beating me. Hell last version's game I had to make it so that my receivers would drop more passes than they would catch, just for a chance to lose a game. '14 is the first game that I can enjoy playing close games, losing, and even getting blown out without feeling completely cheated.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I actually have an easier time beating a user than I do the CPU. I just played against the CPU and lost by 3 when I was up by 14 early in the game. I counted how many times they broke tackles, got up to 25. Plus its impossible to shed blocks in the game. So right when they run into the secondary, it's almost a TD every time.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 10-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #11
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

When I played against NC State as Clemson, i lost in overtime on AA/AA without HFA, and the computer literally cheated me out of a win. fortunately the loss didn't save

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #12
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

I enjoy this game but sometimes these things make it not too much fun: Dropped passes. I understand it happens but it's happening way too often it's pathetic. Almost seems to happen mostly on critical 3rd or 4th downs. Another thing that kills me even using different sliders is the pass defense. I don't mind giving up short passes or an occasional deep ball but when the CPU gets down a few scores it becomes unstoppable, breaking a 100 tackles in one play, receivers start getting wide open and then cannot be caught from behind even though their speed is slower than my corner backs. And I absolutely hate those shoe string tackles.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
I enjoy this game but sometimes these things make it not too much fun: Dropped passes. I understand it happens but it's happening way too often it's pathetic. Almost seems to happen mostly on critical 3rd or 4th downs. Another thing that kills me even using different sliders is the pass defense. I don't mind giving up short passes or an occasional deep ball but when the CPU gets down a few scores it becomes unstoppable, breaking a 100 tackles in one play, receivers start getting wide open and then cannot be caught from behind even though their speed is slower than my corner backs. And I absolutely hate those shoe string tackles.
Other than the shoestring tackles, which were obviously way overdone this year, I haven't experiences anything else that you mentioned.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #14
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

I had some sliders but... Im clemson @ tennessee all american hfa OFF. 6 turnovers including a pick at the one yard line, and a fumble that is nearly impossible at the one yard line, a 20 yard field goal bounce off the uprights. My defense held them to 14 pts and 3 turnovers before iquit. Some of the TOs were my fault, but now im on NCAA 12 and beat BC 47-21 in my house as clemson. Plays MUCH smoother, only issue is recruiting and Lb swats (but secelites all american for ncaa 12 decreases those).

Anberlin is the best band you will ever listen to.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #15
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I really don't get it

normally im with you guys.. complaining about EA sport's usual lousy yearly product and how it should have been better

but this year.. im in love with this game

absolutely in love

I play on all American with CPU run blocking, pass blocking, and running back ability up a little, CPU pass coverage at 100, and 50 speed threshold, and I never see anything that comes anywhere near all the stories in this thread of the CPU doing such unthinkable things. I've played 10 years, almost 11 now with Wyoming and feel that every game and season has been pretty realistic.

The only 'problem' I ever see is how the DBs are much more aggressive when the ball is in the air.. but I just learned how to user catch and to make smarter throws. It might take an effort guys, whether it be a slider adjustment or a tweak in your playing style, but I know that there is a way for everyone to get enjoyment out of NCAA14. Don't give up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I've started playing again and the wide open Wr's where my CB's randomly go in a different direction makes me so angry. Out routes are automatic for the CPU. Especially when it's the TE.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »