Home

Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #25
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
In the second year of my Army dynasty we join the American Conference. I play against USF and go up 42-7 at the end of the half. But in the second half their QB breaks three tackles by a few cornerbacks and a safety and scores. Then when they get the ball back he throws a impossible ball but the receiver jumps way over the corner and they score again. After that, we score again and since I'm mad and I since I hate USF, I went for two with a fullback dive. The ball and the player clearly cross the line but he was marked as down at the one. Not fair.
Yeah because no teams have ever made unbelievable unlikely comebacks, and referees never miss important calls! What a horrible game! Its so unfair!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #26
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't see this at all with the CPU. I've adjusted sliders where I think they need adjusting and boom. Problem solved. Lower the difficulty if it's too hard. Too many penalties? Lower them as well. I'm having so much fun with this game. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Close games, blowouts, etc.

I think what also may be an issue is some people just can't accept losing to the cpu. They'll say, "I just don't want them to be cheap." Well cheap is really one's own interpretation. They say they want it to be a challenge yet still expect to go undefeated and win the NC every single year.

As for the guy who was playing as Army up 42-7 at the half, 42-7 AT THE HALF!... Then the opposing team does a couple things we've seen on real life Saturdays and suddenly it's cheap and unfair? I don't get it.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #27
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
I don't see this at all with the CPU. I've adjusted sliders where I think they need adjusting and boom. Problem solved. Lower the difficulty if it's too hard. Too many penalties? Lower them as well. I'm having so much fun with this game. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Close games, blowouts, etc.

I think what also may be an issue is some people just can't accept losing to the cpu. They'll say, "I just don't want them to be cheap." Well cheap is really one's own interpretation. They say they want it to be a challenge yet still expect to go undefeated and win the NC every single year.

As for the guy who was playing as Army up 42-7 at the half, 42-7 AT THE HALF!... Then the opposing team does a couple things we've seen on real life Saturdays and suddenly it's cheap and unfair? I don't get it.
It's mainly because the players can't do that without getting a big ratings boost. Their QB went from being slow and weak to breaking more tackles then the RB. And the fullback clearly crossed the line when I went for two. It's not even a questionable call.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #28
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Sorry to revive a old thread but I think I found out something about cheating. Basically don't play option teams. The game cheats and it also favors option teams, try to avoid scheduling them for better gameplay.

This ruined my Bama dynasty, since for some reason almost all the SEC West teams started using the Oregon or WSU style offense and now the game turns them into unstoppable offenses and I have to play them every year.

Looks like I'll start up a USC dynasty or start using Army again.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #29
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Sorry to revive a old thread but I think I found out something about cheating. Basically don't play option teams. The game cheats and it also favors option teams, try to avoid scheduling them for better gameplay.

This ruined my Bama dynasty, since for some reason almost all the SEC West teams started using the Oregon or WSU style offense and now the game turns them into unstoppable offenses and I have to play them every year.

Looks like I'll start up a USC dynasty or start using Army again.
I've found option teams (particularly spread option teams) to be the easiest type of offense to stop. While they're more effective than in years past, they're still way too easy to stop.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 29

I only started to see CPU cheating when I turned it up to Heisman after having played on AA for a good 8 months or so. In general the thing that bothers me the most is when the CPU mirrors your routes and predicts which way the WR will cut and your WR does nothing to counter this. If they had included the ability we use to have in PS2 days of taking control of your WR this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Also, WR and sometimes HB broken tackles play out really strangely and make me feel like I'm not even playing an actual game when they happen in such ridiculous ways
Old 04-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #31
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I have come to a new school of thought with this.

On Heisman, it is the most difficult, because the computer cheats.... and I'm okay with that. Since he isn't going to outsmart me, or figure me out, the only chance he has is to break 10 tackles and score... or rip down a TD pass in triple coverage. And that's cool.

I have a brain and know plays that the CPU simply will not stop every single time... he gets to have an unfair advantage and do "unrealistic" stuff sometimes. Seems fair to me.

I put all the sliders way in the favor of the CPU and keep mine low. I want the ultimate "cheating" challenge... it's the only way to have real fun in Dynasty mode. To know there is a possibility of you losing. Even if it's unfair/unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #32
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

It's completely different for me. I don't want to ever lose due to the CPU doing something impossible. I play on AA and it's not losing that bothers me. It's the fact that I lost because it was a unfair advantage for the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »