Home

Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #33
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

Agree. I much prefer AA. The last time I tried Heisman the CPU put the punter in at QB (after their QB depth was exhausted due to injuries). When I saw this, I figured the advantage had just swung my way greatly, however the Punter (at 40 overall QB rating) came in a led a near perfect TD drive, mostly passing. No thanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I only started to see CPU cheating when I turned it up to Heisman after having played on AA for a good 8 months or so. In general the thing that bothers me the most is when the CPU mirrors your routes and predicts which way the WR will cut and your WR does nothing to counter this. If they had included the ability we use to have in PS2 days of taking control of your WR this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Also, WR and sometimes HB broken tackles play out really strangely and make me feel like I'm not even playing an actual game when they happen in such ridiculous ways
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #34
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, it's unfortunate they can't produce a game where the CPU earns it's advantages.

The corner routes really irk me. I run corner routes on offense, they're blanketed every time, regardless of the WR/DB ability level. The CPU runs corner routes, WIDE OPEN EVERY TIME, no matter the player ratings. It's mostly frustrating in garbage time, when I'm up and they're killing my defensive stats. Sometimes, though, it's late and the CPU is driving to tie or take the lead, the corner route is open whenever it bothers to throw it.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #35
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Just finished the most un fun game I've ever played in a video game...

Lost 7 to 13 in OT, and the CPU dropped so many open passes and my backs kept randomly tripping around like idiots and getting tackled. To show how crazy that is, we were over 100 rush yards in the first quarter last game. And we dropped six picks.... I don't know why I play this garbage. The corners kept trying to catch with the sides of their arms.

Last edited by XXstormmXX; 04-18-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Yeah, it's unfortunate they can't produce a game where the CPU earns it's advantages.

The corner routes really irk me. I run corner routes on offense, they're blanketed every time, regardless of the WR/DB ability level. The CPU runs corner routes, WIDE OPEN EVERY TIME, no matter the player ratings. It's mostly frustrating in garbage time, when I'm up and they're killing my defensive stats. Sometimes, though, it's late and the CPU is driving to tie or take the lead, the corner route is open whenever it bothers to throw it.
My problem with the corner route (and I admit, it could just be me) is that the cpu QB can drop it in over the head of a defender, but my QB will get intercepted or pass deflection EVERY time he tries the same throw. The only time my QB can complete a corner route is when the coverage leaves the corner WIDE open.

I've come to accept the CPU cheating. When I think about it, it is usually not the RESULT of the play that makes me feel like the CPU cheats, but rather the WAY the play happened.

For instance I usually complete about 60-70% of my passes which is pretty fair. But the incompletions and interceptions usually happen when the DB or LB makes some some of play that can't really physically be done. Once again the RESULT of incomplete or int is ok, but the WAY it happens ticks you off.

I still love this game and play almost daily. I've been using a set of AA sliders. I saw a thing with the '12 or '13 game that indicated the cheating happens on AA and Heisman. So I am considering going to Varsity and really bumping the cpu sliders up so that the cpu is difficult to play against but doesn't cheat. Has anyone tried this?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #37
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbrandt12
My problem with the corner route (and I admit, it could just be me) is that the cpu QB can drop it in over the head of a defender, but my QB will get intercepted or pass deflection EVERY time he tries the same throw. The only time my QB can complete a corner route is when the coverage leaves the corner WIDE open.

I've come to accept the CPU cheating. When I think about it, it is usually not the RESULT of the play that makes me feel like the CPU cheats, but rather the WAY the play happened.

For instance I usually complete about 60-70% of my passes which is pretty fair. But the incompletions and interceptions usually happen when the DB or LB makes some some of play that can't really physically be done. Once again the RESULT of incomplete or int is ok, but the WAY it happens ticks you off.

I still love this game and play almost daily. I've been using a set of AA sliders. I saw a thing with the '12 or '13 game that indicated the cheating happens on AA and Heisman. So I am considering going to Varsity and really bumping the cpu sliders up so that the cpu is difficult to play against but doesn't cheat. Has anyone tried this?
Nah because the CPU is dumb as bricks on Varsity. Sometimes I've ran a outside run and they literally let my back run straight by a LB and the LB doesn't move. I usually play games on the default difficulty because usually that has little to no cheating but I use AA with the CPU sliders low to make it a good difficulty.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #38
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt
I have come to a new school of thought with this.

On Heisman, it is the most difficult, because the computer cheats.... and I'm okay with that. Since he isn't going to outsmart me, or figure me out, the only chance he has is to break 10 tackles and score... or rip down a TD pass in triple coverage. And that's cool.

I have a brain and know plays that the CPU simply will not stop every single time... he gets to have an unfair advantage and do "unrealistic" stuff sometimes. Seems fair to me.

I put all the sliders way in the favor of the CPU and keep mine low. I want the ultimate "cheating" challenge... it's the only way to have real fun in Dynasty mode. To know there is a possibility of you losing. Even if it's unfair/unrealistic.
Agree 110%

I only play coach mode and i'd always played on AA, until this year. This years game just felt too easy on AA regardless of which settings I tried and that is with a boat load of house rules i.e.

No fly routes - completing a vert pattern is just flat out cheating in EA football.
Limited read options - though good teams stop it in my dynasty anyway.
No HB dive type plays out of shotgun/pistol formations- these are just money
Ect.

Fact is the AI is so brain dead (thanks Tiburon) in this game you absolutely have to give the cpu every cheating advantage you can. Trust me, it still doesn't even it out enough. Don't know how many times i've seen cpu teams ruin great games by running the clock out on themselves or calling very unnecessary timeouts to give my team additional opportunities or try 55 yard field goals when their kickers range is 40 yards. And there is many many more idiotic scenarios.

My blood pressure does go through the roof when the cpu RB breaks 6 tackles on his way to a cheat td or their QB will somehow evade three potential sacks, then twirl completely around while firing the perfect pass 40 yards down field and complete it into double/triple coverage.

At the end of the day it stinks that I have to allow these boosts for the cpu, but i'm happy to finally be getting realistic results for my season. My team ratings can be 99s across the board and it still thankfully does not ensure a trip to the MNC.

Unfortunately the cpu cheating is the only way the game is fun to play.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #39
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I bet over half the passing yardage I give up is to wide-open corner routes. It's great, I can have a DB with 95 man coverage rating, and the CPU WR gets about 10 yards of clearance running a simple corner. Fun fun fun.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:49 AM   #40
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
I bet over half the passing yardage I give up is to wide-open corner routes. It's great, I can have a DB with 95 man coverage rating, and the CPU WR gets about 10 yards of clearance running a simple corner. Fun fun fun.
Buzz zones absolutely smother corner routes.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »