Home

Pros and cons of ncaa 14 coach mode

This is a discussion on Pros and cons of ncaa 14 coach mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Pros and cons of ncaa 14 coach mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
How's the option game. I heard it's overpowered especially the read option.
I don't think it is bad at all. I primarily play on CPU v CPU mode and occassionally will play coach mode and I feel solid defenses will hold their own. I created my own option playbook with a mixture of other plays and get a variety.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #10
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I think the read option is completely overpowered. Especially if you put Hold Blocks to aggressive in your gameplan. You rarely ever get holding calls & your QB typically makes the right read.

I honestly think you could call the same read play all game, every game & win the majority of the time.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Playing coach mode on heisman, I don't think the read option is overpowered at all. I probably get dropped for a loss just about as often as I get positive gains. It is a nice play, but I do have to think twice about using it if I need a huge 2-point conversion or 4th down play.

Just about everyone here though plays on different difficulties and slider settings so everyone's experiences are going to be different. I recall adjusting one of the penalty sliders to make the RO play more difficult. Don't remember which it was though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Im having issues audibling on coach mode. Can anyone offer advice on how to so do?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

I am a dedicated and exclusive Coach Mode player and I am also a contributor to the group of XBOX 360 players who have been using the external editors to alter Roster ratings. I have experimented with various Slider settings, but recently I have been playing with all Sliders set to the default position of 50. I am currently playing AA Difficulty for both Offense and Defense. I believe that AA is the best level for either Coach Mode or CPU-CPU play. I think that the Heisman level is more suited to the Arcade play style. Heisman overly enhances the CPU's ability to succeed on both Offense and Defense (hence the frequent comments from people that the CPU "cheats"). Heisman is designed to provide Arcade players with more of a challenge as they improve their "stick skills". I believe that the game developers attempted to balance the game at the AA level, so I consider the AA level to be the "neutral" level at which the software provides the least amount of boosting to either the CPU or the User.

Regarding Sliders, I believe that altering player Roster ratings is preferable to adjusting Sliders. There are certain player ratings for each position which have a predominant effect on players in that position. I have done extensive analysis to understand how ratings function and I have posted the results via spreadsheets within the Roster Forums. Using the editors, it is possible to alter Rosters to create a variety of play styles. For example, lowering QB Passing Accuracy and Throw Power by significant amounts can result in Rosters which will yield lower-scoring games with more emphasis on defense (yes, QBs will not be as efficient and will miss open receivers, etc., but we are dealing with software which, like all software, has inherent limitations).

I agree with comments made in earlier posts to this thread, that allowing the game software to completely control player movements and interactions is preferable to taking control of player movements, but I also think that both play styles will appeal to different folks (my grandson wants to only play in the Arcade style and doesn't understand why I like Coach Mode).

NCAA14 is feature-rich and can provide many hours of both game-play and game-development enjoyment. There is no one best set of settings so choose the play style which you prefer and experiment with the many ways in which settings and ratings can be altered to set the game up to play in the way which provides the most satisfying results for you.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Im having issues audibling on coach mode. Can anyone offer advice on how to so do?

What kind of issues? You need to say what is going on for anyone to be able to help.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Never mind, i figured out how to audible on coach mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
Rookie

wolf29's Arena

OVR: 0

I know these posts are a little old but how do you setup coach mode where you don't control the players? I must be missing something because I create a new coach but still have control of the players and not just play calling like I want to do.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »