Home

Boy, have I thought twice about playing online again.

This is a discussion on Boy, have I thought twice about playing online again. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #1

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Boy, have I thought twice about playing online again.

I just had probably the most ridiculous experience ever. I've played online in previous games and all that jazz, but this just was awful. It was in Ultimate Team, so I can't just play with friends or people from OS.

First off, the guy ran THREE plays in his entire playbook. Some play with out routes, Curls, and a verts play, where he would do something with his tight end that made him wide open with a user catch. Obviously if you're a Madden/NCAA guru, you could figure this out and probably stop it. I'm not, so I was getting beat with those plays every time.

It's getting late in the game, so I'm not really caring, being down so much. He keeps with those same plays, so I message him "Seriously dude? You're running the same three plays."

I score on the next drive, and he then replies "about time p****" (well, uncensored in the message), and he then turns his mic on (i'm not sure if he had it on before, he never spoke though) and starts swearing at me, and commenting on every play, and then starts going for two and doing onside kicks.

I stuck it out and finished the game. It just really makes me disappointed that this is the type of person we have to play Ultimate Team with, unless you do solo challenges, which bore me. How do you guys keep playing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Boy, have I thought twice about playing online again.

This is main reason why I stopped playing UT after about 30 games. The guys I played were even worse than a random ranked match, if you can believe that. It's like they cared even less.

I don't blame them, honestly, I am big on not getting too upset because they have no incentive to play fair, it's the nature of the beast, nothing will change it, so I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and "retired" from UT just like I "retired" from ranked matches in NCAA 12 (after I played over 150 in NCAA 11)

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 10-29-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I keep playing because I find it really fun. Sure every once in a while you find someone like that that just takes advantage of a flaw in the game but not everyone does, and most that try suck at it. Even when I do play someone like that it only last a short time because of how long the games are. I get over it and keep playing.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I stop playing online sports games all together for this very reason. It's not worth the frustration of dealing with these nut cases.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 10-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I stop playing online sports games all together for this very reason. It's not worth the frustration of dealing with these nut cases.
I did this too. I used to play a lot of online NCAA games and was good at it then i realized it's not worth my time dealing with these nut cases that would give their left arm for a win.

I tried ultimate team a little this year but like someone said, ultimate team players seemed even worse than random online players since they seemed more desperate for wins to gain more "coins".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

I've never played online and it upsets me that you can encounter other players like these.
My one venture into online sports gaming was to join an NBA 2K league, during the draft I wondered why guys like Kyle Korver were taken so high, then I realised it was ALL about the 3 point shooting. I never won a game and quit halfway through the season since it was not enjoyable and a waste of my time.
Give me a good offline, management or engrossing dynasty experience and i'll play the game until my eyes bleed, focus on purely online and you tend to lose me pretty quick.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #7

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Very ironic bump, I just tried to play again on Ultimate Team.

I had leftovers from uniform packs in my PSN Wallet, so I bought two All-American packs, and I pulled a Heisman Hopeful Tebow and felt like playing a game with it.

I go in there, he runs "QB Slot Option" every single time, and did a fake field goal every time on the XP.

I just had to quit.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

OVR: 0

Playing a dynasty on NCAA is so much better than randomly playing online. I hate playing online, so I just quit. If I feel like playing a random game I pick a game I can win a rivalry trophy with. The odds of getting a sim player online are about the same as seeing a bigfoot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »