Home

Why NCAA 14 has problems with read option

This is a discussion on Why NCAA 14 has problems with read option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Why NCAA 14 has problems with read option

After re buying 14 and tweaking everything I could ive come to the conclusion that ncaa 14 struggles to stop the read option and shotgun runs because the defensive players don't shed blocks I've been playing a three team dynasty on ncaa 12 were the option is lacking, but the reason it is stopped on 12 is the players actually shed blocks. In 14 even on hesiman at 0 run block and 100 run d they just don't shed blocks at the line. I've even tried the penalty sliders and adjusting the front 7 of the CPUs players to 99 block shedding. I do play on coach mode so running the spread option or any shotgun handoff is pretty much an exploit. I also gave the d coordinators max prestige to fill up there coching tree, I can't get anything to work, any ideas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Why NCAA 14 has problems with read option

Try raising the KR/PR Interference slider, dont raise it too hight because it can make your pass defense a little wonky, but it has helped to defend the Read Option when raised in small increments.

Sent from my HTC ONE using tapatalk Pro!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

In case anyone cares I found out a way to create the cpu to actually shed blocks. Sliders have very minimal effects. I kept the rb and rd slider at 50 on Heisman. The key is lowering your offensive lines run blocking attribute to max out at 20. I just kept the range from 15 to 20. It really allows the CPU defensive line to shed blocks . The impact blocking and strength slide attribute have no effect on each lineman either. I first tried a range of 6 to 9. That range really creates a ton of block shedding in effect making the read option not an exploit anymore on coach mode. I'm sure it works the same if your playing with the sticks as well

Last edited by jsou4646; 11-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Increasing the offsides slider to high levels can also increase block shedding. The downside is that it affects both teams.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Old 11-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Increasing the offsides slider to high levels can also increase block shedding. The downside is that it affects both teams.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
I'll give that a shot. After more testing the number is minus 40. If you do that from each of your lineman it creates more variety at the line. If not block shedding is almost non present. As far as editing the penalty slider in hesitant due to how wacky this game gets the more sliders are tweaked.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »