Home

HC or OC/DC PB when your the head coach?

This is a discussion on HC or OC/DC PB when your the head coach? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: HC or OC/DC PB when your the head coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2000
Thanks for clearing this up

I know in the real world most HC's will want their system ran for the side of the ball they have the background in. I have coached high school football for ten years now, five as an OC, but only been allowed to run my system under a HC that had a defensive background. The same thing holds true in college and the NFL. Look at the defense the Pat's run, it is Bill's defense but Josh McDaniel runs his offense. Most HC's will bring in guys who have experience running their system, but in the game you don't get that option. So I try to run my system as a HC then allow the other side of the ball to run their own system. Since I mostly start out as an OC I always run my playbook as a HC and try to only take jobs where the HC has a defensive background.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
Rookie

Falacer's Arena

OVR: 3

I typically run the base Pistol offense but I am working on my custom Pistol offense playbook (it's just not to my liking yet). I don't usually take an OC job at a school that has a tradition of running a specific kind of offense. For example I wouldn't take the Stanford OC job and put the pistol offense in changing their long standing power game.

On D I usually run the 4-3 Mulitple defense but I normally just sim or watch the part of games when my D is on the field. I always have and still do suck at actually playing the D side of the game.

Last edited by Falacer; 11-17-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Here's what I do, I always start as a head coach gonna start a new one as a coordinator, but when I am a head coach I have it go to the ask coach play call and I pick one of the 3 suggested for the side I wouldn't be strong in so if I am a offensive guru I'd do this for defense. And for a real challenge so you can't keep using the same plays do it for both sides.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »