Home

Petition for EASports to add Playoff DLC for NCAA Football 14

This is a discussion on Petition for EASports to add Playoff DLC for NCAA Football 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Petition for EASports to add Playoff DLC for NCAA Football 14

Somebody start a facebook page
Old 11-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #34
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

seeing as how the anti google+ youtube integration petition got hundreds of thousands of signatures in only a few days from people wanting them to remove the 'feature', and it has had absolutely no effect on anything

I cant help but think getting 100 signatures wont make EA Sports start on a new DLC Project

not being negative, just being real
Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #35
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

I just posted this on Auburn's Rivals.com message board.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #36
Rookie

MINATAURO's Arena

signed....waiting for the jim mora playoff gif to show up
Old 11-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Signed and shared in my website's OD.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 11

Hopefully NCAA suing EA, along with enough people asking for DLC content will get them to rethink DLC stuff for 14, ha ha..... Long shot, but hey got to pay that up someway.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #39
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
This has no chance of happening.

The sheer size of changing the code-base to allow for a playoff format was going to take the entire gameteam a while to do, and that was when they had an actual gameteam. What you're talking about would be them practically bringing back the entire game, not making a "minor" adjustment to include playoffs.

Sorry
It really shouldn't be that big or difficult a project for them to add a bare bones playoff. It might not be a 4 man hour project, but it could definitely be done as just a minor change.

Adding all sorts of assets and playing it up as a new feature is what was going to take a significant amount of time. Just getting a functioning playoff in the game would be relatively simple.

I went into this a little deeper a month or so ago:

Quote:
The only saving grace here, my only source of optimism, is the fact that game mode would've been a big selling point for next year.

As a big selling point for next year, it's one of the things they (hopefully) would've started working on first once NCAA14 went gold. That leaves the (albeit slim) possibility that it's done/mostly done and could easily be integrated into this year via DLC.

I mentioned it in another thread and I'll say it again here: based on my own fiddling around with the Dynasty Editor, I don't think it would be some great feat for them to implement a basic playoff as DLC. It might lack some of the polish that would've been in NCAA/CF15, but the playoff itself shouldn't be hard. If it were a PC game, it'd probably already be done by the community.

For a no-frills playoff, it's pretty simple:
  1. Add a "week" to the current schedule for the championship game. So now instead of Conf. Championship Week and Bowl Season, you've got those plus National Championship Week (Or BCS Championship Week, or College Football Playoff Championship Week, whatever the hell they want to call it).
  2. Add the Cotton and Peach Bowls as "BCS" bowls.
  3. Keep the former BCS bowls in Bowl Season, but adjust the pick logic to reflect the rotating semifinal games and new AQ rules for the other four bowls.
With the exception of adding a separate "week" for the BCS Championship, you can already do a lot of this manually with the dynasty editor. But without that extra week, it's kind of pointless.

Now, that's not going to give you any CFP assets; no logos, no audio, no cutscenes, etc. As easy as an unpolished playoff might be, especially a few months into the NCAA/CF15 development cycle, I can understand why EA and/or the NCAA might not want to release it that way. As much as we deride EA for a lack of attention to detail (like double TV numbers, or UMass having blue as a team color, or that one dude who's livid about the Gators' minuscule font change), they really do put a ton of work into polish and presentation.

A lot of us here at OS might be perfectly happy with a bare bones playoff (hell, I'd even pay a few bucks for it), but I don't think EA would be too keen on releasing it that way. So, my hope is they've already put in enough asset work that they can throw a good enough coat of paint over what should be relatively easy coding.

Since, like you said, the playoff would have been one of the marquee features next year, there's at least that slim chance that they've put enough work into it that we can see it as DLC.

But it's EA, so I won't hold my breath.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

Signed. Whether it works or not, it at least shows interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »