Home

Realistic OC/DC jobs

This is a discussion on Realistic OC/DC jobs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Realistic OC/DC jobs

Hey guys, just wanted to share my method of making the coaching carousel realistic for the people who like to start out as the OC and DC and continue as one for multiple years as one before taking the big job.

Easily you can just pick and choose any offer that is offered to you regardless. With this though you can be under a head coach who runs a different scheme than you do. Of course you use your play style by default, but realistically you would be hired based on your play style. Ex. I run a Pro Style very basic Offense. After a few years I accepted the job at Oregon and after a few games, It just did not feel real to me as we all know the Ducks Run and Gun the ball High Tempo.

HERE IS HOW TO DO IT:

After the end of the season always opt to search for new jobs regardless.(I do this in case my Head Coach gets a job elsewhere and I am retained as a OC and the new coach coming in has a different system). IMPORTANT* SAVE BEFORE YOU ADVANCE TO OFF-SEASON. After you save go into the carousel. Keep advancing through ALL OFFERS (If there is a HC job you like fine go for it) Write down all OC or DC jobs offered to you. Secondly after the hiring are done. Go to the Coaching Changes option and check out the new HC options that match up to your offers. For example I may have 15 offers to be OC. But only 8 of the HC run the Pro Style offense. Those are the 8 schools I choose from. I then can Re load my Dynasty back in the season check out those schools and see what school has the best players for me and Choose my team.

May seem time consuming, but I just look at it as going through the job interview process in life. I have done this many of times and every time I have done it the second time I went through the same coaches have got fired and Hired by the same schools each time also.

Just for anyone out there looking for a way to make the game that more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Rookie

subdistinction's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic OC/DC jobs

I agree with all that. Also, when starting a new dynasty as an OC or DC, I only choose schools that are like 1 or 2 stars like Memphis or FIU or whatever. No way you'll ever start as an OC/DC at anything higher being a nobody.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Rookie

TpHoosier's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, after reading this I realize I should of went as a OC. I didn't realize what I was doing on my first dynasty. I started as a HC at IU they are a 3* school! I figured bring them up through a tough conf.
I want to start over, but don't want to bail on my current dynasty 8 weeks in. And I don't want to do both.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdistinction
I agree with all that. Also, when starting a new dynasty as an OC or DC, I only choose schools that are like 1 or 2 stars like Memphis or FIU or whatever. No way you'll ever start as an OC/DC at anything higher being a nobody.
This is my theory also. My problem is choosing a team, so I sim myself through the first year as like a OC for some big school and gain a few them new XP points so then I have only a select few schools to choose from.

Just did one now. Funny how it worked out I am from Pittsburgh so a huge Pitt fan. And Paul Chryst got hired as the HC at AKRON after being fired and the AKRON OC job also opened so I am now under my Teams HC helping to build a 0-12 team.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Guys how does working as the coordinator work you only control one side of the ball and it supersims the side your not?

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
Guys how does working as the coordinator work you only control one side of the ball and it supersims the side your not?
Exactly. I usually choose the OC. Its kind of fun just playing the Off plays, then sitting back a few seconds not having control of anything else.
Really shows what you have on whatever side of the ball compared to what the team normally would.

Also what I like is if its 4th down its up to the HC to go for it or not. It will either come up as the playbook or the supersim screen depending on what the HC wants.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

If anyone is looking for a small school to start your career coordinating with, I suggest Tulane. Why?

Offensive Coordinator Goal - Lead Joe Montana's son Nick Montana(JR) to a Heisman at Quarterback
Defensive Coordinator Goal - Lead Bob Marley's grandson Nico "The Missile" Marley(FR) to All-American Status at OLB.

But I agree, starting off as a Coordinator at a small school is easily the most fun, rewarding and realistic way to play your dynasty. When you get your dream job 6-7 years down the line, it makes it that much more special.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I started out as the OC at my fav school Boise State. Led the Broncos to a #2 ranking and a spot in the National Title in a rematch game vs Washington whom I got spanked in Week 1 by.

After the season, I decided I didn't want to just run the Offense, so I left and went to Eastern Michigan. After leading the Eagles to a 10 win season including the bowl win over Fresno State, I was offered the HC job at Cal. I jumped at the chance to be in the Pac-12, but after winning the Pac-12 my first year, I felt like I needed a bigger challenge. I made up a story in which I was forced to resign over the debate that players should be paid (I am in favor of it) and took a job at the only school that I felt would take the risk to have a HC who wants to pay his players. (Georgia State). I led the Panthers to a 6-6 season my first year winning my bowl game, then this past year led them to a 10-2 regular season record including a 8-0 record in the Sun Belt to be Conference Champs. I played (6-6) UTSA in the New Orleans Bowl and won finishing the year 11-2 and ranked #12. I was ranked #20 going into the bowl game. Now I have decided to take Georgia State the Independent route, hoping that I can get good enough against SEC/ACC/Pac-12 opponents to build up a resume worthy of a move to the SEC. I signed a 7 year extension with GSU and have no plans of leaving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »