Home

EA Hates Blowouts

This is a discussion on EA Hates Blowouts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
EA Hates Blowouts

Sometimes when I'm upset I like to play blowouts as stress relief. The only thing is that I think EA is trying to make blowouts impossible, for a few reasons.
Number one: Comeback AI. I was playing a blowout with a custom teambuilder team versus NC state. We are up 35-0 in the middle of the third quarter. All of a sudden, there is blown coverage every single game, my receivers forget how to catch, my RB can't get past his own blockers, and the other team's offensive players start playing really good, all at the same time.
Number two: Commentary. If I'm up by a lot I usually mute the commentary because the commentators harass me about running up the score and going for two.
Number three: Sometimes my RB get pulled out of the game. This happened once or twice when my RB was playing amazing, but then he gets pulled out the game and I can't put him back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Hates Blowouts

number one might have to do with the cpu changing their styles to aggressive once they are way behind. there's one that makes you break more tackles but have higher chance of fumbling, for example. that being said I never have had any problems with blowouts. I often find the CPU make MORE mistakes once I have a big lead.

number two makes sense and doesn't really effect it at all from a gameplay standpoint. you shouldn't be running up the score anyway u should be winding down the clock. maybe that plays a factor in the CPU coming back on you?

number three I have never had happen to me so I cant say
Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Is there any way to counter aggressive style? Because all of a sudden they break tons of tackles, so yeah that could be part of this. And sometimes the computer makes mistakes, but if they don't they score on nearly every possession.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Falacer's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Is there any way to counter aggressive style?
Slow ball control old school offense. If you are already up 5 touchdowns there is no reason to keep going no huddle to put another 35 on the board. Slow it down and use up the clock. Think Bills Parcells NY Giant football.

And use formation subs to save your RBs so they dont disappear late in the game. For example, if your main RB is a speed guy but you have a power RB as backup. In the formation subs set your power RB to be the #1 in your jumbo and/or ace formations.

Also check your auto sub settings if your on default the disappearing RB is a know thing. I have mine at 80 out and 90 in which seems to work for me. However I use 3 different RBs via the formation subs.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah I had no problems getting blowouts with a 99 overall team on the highest difficultly with challenging sliders. When you start to be up big you just can't give the cpu anything to work with. What I mean by that is if you are up by 30, there's no reason you should be throwing a pick or etc. Protect the ball and get the run game heavily involved to take time off the clock.

Also to back you up, a point could be made that cpu controlled teams aren't programmed the same way people are. So being down and physically dominated on both sides of the field doesn't really have a mental effect on a video game team compared to a real life team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

[quote=canesfins;2045694102]Yeah I had no problems getting blowouts with a 99 overall team on the highest difficultly with challenging sliders. quote]

Thank you, typical Miami fan....
Old 11-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

[quote=orangeafroman;2045695571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Yeah I had no problems getting blowouts with a 99 overall team on the highest difficultly with challenging sliders. quote]

Thank you, typical Miami fan....
What? How about you actually read my thread and whole post.
Not reading...typical Gator fan. (see, 2 can play this silly game)
Old 11-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Yeah I had no problems getting blowouts with a 99 overall team on the highest difficultly with challenging sliders. When you start to be up big you just can't give the cpu anything to work with. What I mean by that is if you are up by 30, there's no reason you should be throwing a pick or etc. Protect the ball and get the run game heavily involved to take time off the clock.

Also to back you up, a point could be made that cpu controlled teams aren't programmed the same way people are. So being down and physically dominated on both sides of the field doesn't really have a mental effect on a video game team compared to a real life team.
I don't turn the ball over much when I'm leading even though I keep passing. I just stick to quick passes and if nobody is open I throw the ball away or scramble for a few yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »