Home

NCAA 12 vs 13 vs 14

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 vs 13 vs 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which edition of NCAA football out of these is the best?
NCAA Football 12 24 12.77%
NCAA Football 13 21 11.17%
NCAA Football 14 143 76.06%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #17
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 12 vs 13 vs 14

I love NCAA 14's recruiting so much more than the whole phone call BS... it practically killed recruiting manually for me. I just chose a power team and let the AI do it, even then rarely got a top 10 team unless I was Texas, Bama, etc...
Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #18
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

I think 14 is the best, for one it is the most updated game. I like the recruiting better than having the phone calls. The gameplay is much better in my opinion without super LBs and with the infinity engine. I also like the colors but I don't like not having entrances anymore.

In my opinion this is the best NCAA ever made for various reasons but #1 being that it is the most recent/updated version.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampstrike
I'm still enjoying NCAA 11 immensely myself....
I've had 2009(PS2), 2011(PS3), and 2014(PS3), 2014 lets you go more in depth and feels the most realistic, 2011 is just solid all around. I've been feeling like popping in 2011 again now...
Old 05-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Based strictly on single player vs CPU, non-dynasty gameplay on either AA or Heisman difficulty, I rank them as follows:

NCAA 14 - Best gameplay, has its share of issues but is tight overall, nothing is really a game killer for me. Infinity engine gives the game a more organic feel.

NCAA 11 - Only by a nose over NCAA 12. Obviously, it lacks the enhancements of the more recent versions - I miss the improved passing game the most - but the AI plays smart and tough and rarely lays down and dies. Gameplay is usually pretty consistent from game to game with relatively few annoying oddities.

NCAA 12 - Most fun to play defense out of the bunch, as long as you don't want to play a DE. Blitzes work great and you can actually force some incompletions with a timely hit on a receiver in the secondary. AI would throw deep on you, which is something missing from the other games on this list. Gameplay improved a bit after a patch release.

NCAA 13 - The worst instance of the DB Glitch, which was also in NCAA 12 and 14, but was less frequent or had a lesser impact on gameplay. Here, the DB Glitch was very predictable, fairly easy to replicate in every game, and often resulted in an easy win over the CPU. There were also occasional graphical glitches and freezes that made it feel like an unfinished product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »