Home

Fixing Speed Differences

This is a discussion on Fixing Speed Differences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fixing Speed Differences

So I've been realizing the past 2-3 games I've played I can't break off gigantic runs with Braxton Miller, even when I get past the secondary I get chased down, not only that I can run down by defensive ends when going sideline to sideline in the backfield.

Now I'm using an old version of Buffeye's rosters and a year ahead so Miller has a speed of 93, agility of 99, acceleration of 99, elusiveness of 99, and ball carrier vision of 99. I also have speed threshold at 0 because at 20 it was even worse.

Any ideas?

I don't want to drop all linemen speed, acceleration by 5-10 points, but it might come to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fixing Speed Differences

The player with the ball moves slower. I have noticed this and I blame that whenever I am caught by a slower player. Also keep in mind fatigue.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 17

I set the threshold at 15.. seems to work. I am doing a dynasty and am coaching idaho. Last game deanthony Thomas for oregon ran all over me and I couldn't catch him. (If I did he broke the tackle) he broke the ncaa record with 415 rushing yards against me! I lost but it was crazy fun still... lol anyways seems like I could tell the speed difference pretty easily

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I play with it at 0 and have big runs all the time. Like BleedGreen710 said fatigue plays a big role as well.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

What do you have your RBA slider set at? Had mine pretty low early on and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why guys with elite speed just didn't feel fast. I put it back to default and it felt much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd ask are you holding the right trigger down the whole time? (turbo) If you are, that little yellow indicator is probably running out halfway through your long run, which means the ballcarrier is outta gas for that play.

Try laying off the turbo until about halfway through your run, then use it.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
What do you have your RBA slider set at? Had mine pretty low early on and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why guys with elite speed just didn't feel fast. I put it back to default and it felt much better.
Yes, if you have your RBA slider below 50, the player you are controlling will basically run in mud. It's a glitch in the game, very similar to last year were if you lowered the kicking accuracy below 35, you couldn't make an extra point because they would kick the ball maybe 10 feet.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 11-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
Rookie

nwcizhere's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried putting speed difference at 15. worked (mostly) for me. still frustrating when you get chased down...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »