Home

Which player should have won the Heisman?

This is a discussion on Which player should have won the Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Which player should have won the Heisman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
The sacks unfortunately I cant do anything about.
Sure you can. I don't know if it's you or your sliders (probably the sliders), but that's a LOT of sacks.

Your dude had 62 sacks out of 391 ATT which is a sack every 6.3 ATTs.

In my offline, here are the season totals for my QBs and I've added an ATT per Sack number (where obviously the higher the number, the better it is):

The worst any of my QBs has done was a sack every 11.8 ATT which is roughly half as often as your guy. Only twice out of 10 years have I had a QB "only" get sacked half as often as your guy.

But on the flip side, all of my QBs really struggle just to maintain a 1:1 TD:INT ratio and most can't complete 70% because I have very tough passing sliders.

Now if you look @ my OD QB where we have different sliders, here's what he's done:

He completed 75% and had a 3.6:1 TD:INT ratio, both of which are phenomenal compared to my offline QBs (all of these QBs are roughly equal in talent) but he was sacked a ridiculous 48 times. That's 8.6 ATT per sack which is on par with your guy.

Sliders can make a REALLY big difference in your game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I'm shocked by the majority of the answers. Player A not only won a championship he thrashed player b's team. And once again has less int, more yards, less passing attempts. Player A is the Heisman.
Mr. Miami won it in 2018, so I scheduled them to play me in 2019, thats there the thrashing came. However, he kept the top spot in the heisman favorites for 2019 while my guy fell from 3rd to 4th after not only beating his team but having a better individual game.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #27
Rookie

I'd probably go A because I value passing stats a fair bit, though (as seen in this thread) there is a case to be made for Player B as well.

The game will go Player B all the time, though I don't think it has much to do with rushing yards (though dont have hard evidence of this). More touchdowns, thus he is better. At least that seems how it has gone often for me =/
Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #28
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Umm cam newton never got thrashed 59-24. So that arguement is invalid in this situation.
How about before you chime in you get your years correct. Jason White didn't get thrashed that year by USC.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #29
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
How about before you chime in you get your years correct. Jason White didn't get thrashed that year by USC.
What are you talking about Are you even TRYING to read this thread? I'm talking about how QB A and his team thrashed QB B and his team by 59-24.

And for your future reference the score of the USC vs Oklahoma game was 55-19, not 59-24. FYI. So please next time you try to counter me get your facts correct first.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #30
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mck23tyler
I would of voted for player B. Even though he turned the balll over just a few more times he also didnt get sacked much. Also he had more rushing yards, which makes up for the lesser passing yards.
the turnover B had dont even matter when you add up 60 sacks, thats pathetic in college football lol Aj been sacked 9 times this year for Bama? something crazy lol
Old 11-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #31
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Both guys had pretty good seasons, but I find it funny some are arguing a national championship when the Heisman voting comes before the NC game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #32
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
Both guys had pretty good seasons, but I find it funny some are arguing a national championship when the Heisman voting comes before the NC game.
I messed up by slipping in the national championship from last year but that still doesn't change the fact that one of those players got thrashed in a head to head matchup.

Keep us updated on who actually wins it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »