Home

How important is STR for D-Linemen?

This is a discussion on How important is STR for D-Linemen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How important is STR for D-Linemen?

I was using a 335 in my offline dynasty and wanted to switch to 4-3.... I have a DT that I concerted to DE to bulk up my line.... Now this DE of course took a ratings hit in STR(56) & AWR(29) but has better POW(88) FMV(87) BSH(90) and PRC(84) than any other linemen .... So I was wondering which set of attributes will he play better with higher STR & AWR or the moves BSH, POW,FMV, PRC?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Re: How important is STR for D-Linemen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmboog
I was using a 335 in my offline dynasty and wanted to switch to 4-3.... I have a DT that I concerted to DE to bulk up my line.... Now this DE of course took a ratings hit in STR(56) & AWR(29) but has better POW(88) FMV(87) BSH(90) and PRC(84) than any other linemen .... So I was wondering which set of attributes will he play better with higher STR & AWR or the moves BSH, POW,FMV, PRC?
If I were you I would edit the strength of the lineman back to where it was pre-switch. How a strong a person is doesn't change because he moves 3 feet to the left.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #3
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah, this is one of those cases where I'd be okay with editing the player. So, I can bench over 400lbs as a DT, but if I move to DE, can I only bench 200? Awareness, sure, that may go down because there are different things you need to know at DE that you might not necessarily have to know at DT, but the fact that strength drops is unacceptable.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxGleaux
If I were you I would edit the strength of the lineman back to where it was pre-switch. How a strong a person is doesn't change because he moves 3 feet to the left.
The argument against this is: the player doesn't get weaker, but he's not able to utilize that strength in the capacity his new position requires. It takes him a while to learn the nuances of playing DE vs. DT. He can still bench 400lb, but he won't be able to bull-rush the same way he did at the Nose position, at least not right away.

I see and agree with both arguments, both for and against a D-lineman losing so much STR by switching positions. Just play it however feels right for you. Personally, I raise their STR back up, but only to about 10 points below what they were at in their old position. IMO, they should lose some STR, but not drop from 90 to 58.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

That never actually occurred to me. I'll be sure to adopt that going forward. I was a skill guy back in the glory days, haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »