Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkandchristy
For those of ya'll wanting to get rid of all the garbage bowls in this game. I was able to delete a bowl game by going to the bowl games tab and editing the game # to 255 for the bowl you want taken out. It's the same number the game uses for conference championship games when a conference doesn't have enough teams to have a championship game. So it will act like that game was not ever there. I also changed both tie ins to generic and the team rank to 0. Do this for every bowl game you want removed. I took 20+ bowl games out for my 1980's retro dynasty and haven't had any problems.
Can you turn the WAC Championship into a bowl game?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #274
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt2252
Can you turn the WAC Championship into a bowl game?
I believe someone mentioned they tried to do it previously in this thread. I think they tried to make it the Pinstripe Bowl. I don't recall the details, but I don't think it worked. I could be wrong through.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #275
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
You absolutely can change any of the bowl names you want. On my retro dynasty I took away all the corporate sponsorship and changed the Chik Fil A bowl to the Peach bowl and the Capitol One Bowl to the Citrus Bowl. Of course it won't change the bowls logo or the commentary.
Is this a 1 time change or do you have to make the change every season?

I'd love to remove all corporate sponsorship from bowls.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #276
Rookie

Quote:
You absolutely can change any of the bowl names you want. On my retro dynasty I took away all the corporate sponsorship and changed the Chik Fil A bowl to the Peach bowl and the Capitol One Bowl to the Citrus Bowl. Of course it won't change the bowls logo or the commentary.
Has anyone tried removing the National Title game, and using another bowl for the National Championship? Basically the pre-2006 way?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #277
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Can you do a 32 team playoff? I think you could do this by saving the file before bowl week, picking the 16 games that would be used as the playoff games and then changing the participating teams in the selected playoff games after every save.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #278
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i had problems earlier, but so far it seems to be working, i swapped houston to reliant stadium (texas bowl) and i simmed to the bcs title game and its still rotating the bcs bowls(changed it to lucas oil in the editor). is there a way that i can remove the bowls using the ncaa dynasty editor or do i need another program

Last edited by brent3419; 01-15-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #279
Rookie

Someone said you could take out bowl games by changing the game number to #255 (like the unused conference championships). I tried this last night, granted with a couple of other changes, and I had problems. When I sent to sim through the bowl season and end of the season, it seemed like it was working. However, when it does that last step of re-rating players, sorting, recruits, awards, etc. it just kept looping and never went to the end of the season. I'm wondering if this is because I renumbered the remaining bowls I had (only 13 bowls).
Old 01-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #280
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i changed the bowls that i didnt want to 255, but its showing all of them in cowboys stadium, i also noticed that if i gave a bowl the same stadium id like the bcs championship, the bowl will be in the home stadiuk

Last edited by brent3419; 01-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »